PDA

View Full Version : Ace on river

PokerBob
11-28-2005, 08:43 PM
no read on villain.
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (4.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???????????

11-28-2005, 08:46 PM
b/f

jt1
11-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Hero bets folds. It would be an excellent play by villian to raise with a small jack or middle pair but he'll call with a worse hand (that he wouldn't bet with if checked to) 5 or 6 more times than he'll raise with a worse hand

I'd have check raised the flop.

PokerSparky
11-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Give 'em the old b/f.

Chairman Wood
11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Bets fold. IMO this question is about reads. You have none so we have to assume typical opponent. Now the question becomes what stakes (if any) does the play of a typical opponent change to where the best play here would be to check and induce a bluff. Is this something that should even be thought about as a good play anytime here?

11-28-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd depend on a PF limper to bet for you? I wouldn't. I like the bet.

Bet-fold river. Villain slowplayed his AA and just made a set. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LoaferGee12
11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd depend on a PF limper to bet for you? I wouldn't. I like the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a small pot and such a ragged board, we aren't too worried about giving a free card here. With such a strong hand we're looking to get as much as we can out of villain. The check-raise will get an occasional bet or two out of villain that we wouldn't have gotten if we had just bet out. It also confuses the hell out of him when he has a weak pair.