PDA

View Full Version : Do you tip when the airline delivers your lost luggage?

11-28-2005, 08:34 PM
This just happened. Last night my checked bag missed my connecting flight (I made it, though). Airline just delivered it at around 4pm (20 hours after my flight landed).

The delivery guy was clearly not an employee of the airline. Likely just a contracted out firm. When I took the bag and said thanks there was an awkward moment where it looked like he wanted a tip.

Was I wrong to not tip?

Homer
11-28-2005, 08:36 PM
No. Thread over.

utmt40
11-28-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. Thread over.

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2_it
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Was I wrong to not tip?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are only required to tip if your bag is delivered by the guy who lost it and you kicked him in the nuts.

youtalkfunny
11-28-2005, 11:20 PM
I used to have that job. The company I worked for was a limo/van service strictly for airport runs. Drivers were encouraged to spend thier downtime at the airport checking in with baggage claim offices, trying to hustle up baggage delivery orders.

Since the drivers spend 99% of their time driving passengers and getting tips, they also expect tips every time they do anything. It never occurs to them that the people who've had no change of clothes for three days might see them as part of the incompetent operation who lost their bag.

I never expected a tip for delivering a bag, but I'm smarter than 99% of the guys who pursue that career.

NutzyClutz
11-29-2005, 10:20 PM
If bag was sent right over. Yes.

Landon_McFly
11-30-2005, 02:44 AM
Someone please explain WHY you would tip this person. If anything, shouldn't you be getting some sort of perk?

If he would've asked for a tip I would have told him to...

nevermind. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif