PDA

View Full Version : sometimes I do stupid crap in small pots

hobbsmann
11-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Commerce 20/40. The BB in this hand has been bitching all session about constantly getting sucked out on and generally being unlucky, but in truth he is losing money because he is awful. In general he plays too many hands and tends to just bet out most pieces of the flop. The only time I had seen him check raise was after I had raised preflop and he flopped top pair. In general I think he has a fairly strong dislike of me as a person.

I post a bb and a dead small in the HJ. UTG1 limps, foldss, I check K9o (I considered raising here, but decided I didn't want to play a fairly marginal hand in a largish pot as both the CO and button will play hands they like for any number of bets), CO and button both suprisingly fold, sb folds, and bb checks.

Flop (4 sb) AJJ two clubs.
The sb's body language when looking at the flop come down indicated a distaste for it and then proceeded to check. UTG1 then checks, I bet, bb now c/r's, UTG1 folds, I...

Now, the pot is small, but I think there is strong chance this guy is doing this [censored] with air or a draw and K high is currently the best hand. Do people hate calling down in smallish pots like this barring another club coming?

gh9801
11-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Maybe BB acted like he hated the flop because in reality he likes it. The old "strong when weak weak when strong" crap. I'd just fold here, the pot's not worth it and you do only have K high.

W. Deranged
11-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Fold. Committing one sb to try to take down 4 on a scary flop is not too bad in my opinion. Committing more than one is bad, though.

11-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Bad player acting like he didnt like a paired flop then chk raising usally means he's got trips