PDA

View Full Version : Self procalimed legend.

outoforder
07-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Sit down at a 10/20 hold'em game in the BB. EP raises LP calls SB reraises first raiser makes comment "I was just kidding." I have pocket kings and reraise, everyone calls.
Flop A, rag rag, no apparent draws. SB bets, I call, EP folds, LP calls. Turn 7, check, check, LP bets, call, reluctent spite call. River, 7. Same bets as turn. LP shows A7 off. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Small blind flashes me his queens, I say kings and muck.
A few hands later Mr. A7 calls another raise and in the end wins with Q2 clubs for a 6 high straight. I mutter "Wow, Q2," man goes into lecture of how he's played/traveled all over the country and played with "your favorite player here" and has made a living off of guys like me who have know knowledge of the game. As I am now even more impressed by this gentlemen I suggest he reapply his tough actin Tenactin, which he has done at the table several times and he doesn't say another word.

TheLoser
07-05-2003, 10:36 AM
any reason why you are calling down with Kings? you know you have 2 outs, fold

outoforder
07-05-2003, 11:26 AM
Addmitedly the river call was pointless since I was going to see the hand anyway when the queens call, but I suppose the call on the turn was for the same reason he called all the preflop bets. The real misplay was not raising the flop and making him think his weak ace is no good. A call there would prove to me that he is either very good, retarded, or has the game rigged. All of the options are still viable.

outoforder
07-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Here is another hand that makes me call. Another loose game with lots of callers and I'm in middle position with 66 and call. 5 people see the flop and it is A56 rainbow. I bet button raises others fold, I call. Turn 6, /forums/images/icons/smile.gif bet, button calls. River, ace /forums/images/icons/cool.gif , I bet button folds. What the hell did he have /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Now you tell me this guys is raising the flop, calls the turn, and then folds the river when anyone watching the hand would think OK, chop it up, except me of course. In this type of game logic is extremely scewed, so that being said, is my call still such a bad play? This type of play is indicitve of many of the players at these tables.

Dynasty
07-05-2003, 02:31 PM
The real misplay was not raising the flop and making him think his weak ace is no good.

You should consider the possibility that you aren't very good at adjusting to your opponents. It's illogical to think that somebody who puts 4 bets into the pot pre-flop with A7o is going to fold when the flop comes Ace,rag,rag

You should also consider that you don't have the right mental approach to the game to be a longterm winning player. You don't seem to handle losing a hand very well. Your attitude seems rather childish when you criticize your opponents simply because they beat you.

While this player may not make a living off you, many others will with the poor play and poor attitude you've demonstrated in this thread.

outoforder
07-05-2003, 02:50 PM
There may be some truth to what you have said. However in the hand that I lost I said nothing. His reaction to me saying "wow Q2". Also, in these games as in many there seem to be many sitting on a boiler plate. As I heard this gentlemen comment several times "You know I never say anything about the game" and then go off on how poorly something is going. So my comment may indicate poor attitude, but I had motive for making it, coincidently the guy gave played a few losing hands and cashed out.

mike l.
07-05-2003, 03:31 PM
"His reaction to me saying "wow Q2"."

i dont care what his reaction was, but my reaction to you saying anything about his starting hand selection is here's an immature player who needs to learn to keep his mouth shut rather than risk upsetting a bad player. the only thing you should be doing with a player like this is smiling, nodding, being polite and quietly playing poker. there's nothing to be gained by any other set of actions. there are (rare) times and places for needling players and getting under someone's skin and this is not one of them.

bigfishead
07-05-2003, 03:43 PM
Call a spade a spade. While I get to deal to people all day long I too see this "entitlement disease" . Tommy and I were outside smoking a cigerette a few years ago and I'm on tilt and tell him so. I tell him I need help. Bad, real bad. He tells me about "entitlement disease" and how catchy it is too. Beware of this. It'll crush you and your game. Just shut-up and muck your hand. Dont show anyone, dont say anything or make facial expressions. Just muck it and get on to the next hand.

OK here's a bad story from two days ago along these lines of "entitlement disease".

I'm dealing 20-40. It's an extremely live action packed game. 5-6 and even 7 and 8 see the flop for 2-5 bets. And they'll show ya anything. There is 1 what I like to call "grinder wannabe professional" in this game. You know the one. The one that mostly is very quiet. Only plays the best hands. Limps a little too often, but doesnt see hardly 2 flops in 1/2 hr. Gets blown off easily when a scare card hits. And wings his cards hard to the dealer as it's "his fault" the other player got there as a 23-1 dog.
And BTW, not that it matters any...but he's a stiff too.

Well this hand comes up...He's in late position and raises after 3 limpers. 5 players see the flop. UTG checkraises his J9s, flush draw, gutshot str8 draw. Natrually he gets there (str8) on the river. Now there are 4 consecutive cards J high on the board and a 3 flush. The UTG bets into Tighty and tighty calls. BTW on the turn I put tighty on precisely QQ so when the 10 comes on river I think he's got q high str8. Now when tighty calls I figure he's got that q high str8 and is either thinking he just lost 1/2 the pot to a split or is worried about KJ for a higher str8. Our UTG hero shows J9 and tighty wings the cards at me and says "NICE JOB".

I smile and say "thank you, I do it all the time". Ok so I admit a little rubbing there. But if he wasnt such an ass I wouldnt do it.

Now here's where it gets interesting!

I'm on my break and this guy comes up and from 8 feet away says "if you f-ing ever look at my f-ing cards again...." etc etc. My floorman is 10 feet the other way but sees this and I immedieatel hollar ...call surveillance run the camera...I dont need this [censored] from this guy. I've got more class poker in my little toe then this guy will ever have. ..etc.etc....floor called, ran the tape back, and it was obvious I never ever came close to looking at anyones. Fllor told tighty . He said nothing and never had the balls to apologize.

Entitlement disease will take you to his place. He barely if ever beats the game too.

Sorry it was so damn long winded.

Take the cure.

inkstain
07-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Because he was married to the hand. "I have pocket kings, and started out with the best hand!" seems to be the line of thinking.

outoforder
07-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Well, I thank you for your critcism and am aware of my faults. But let it be said that normally I take a walk and curse myself out for making the boneheaded call. Now tooting my own horn it has been commented to me on several occasions of my good table etiquette by both players and dealers. And it is fully possible that they are just stroking me off for what ever reason. I now regret for bringing this incident or any other to this forum as I know see know onw could pick up on the subtle humor of the foot fungus application, and can only lambast me for my lapse in judgement.
I bid you good day.

bernie
07-05-2003, 05:05 PM
"but I had motive for making it, coincidently the guy gave played a few losing hands and cashed out."

this was your motive? to get him to cash out? good job. that'll make room for the better players you want on your table

reminds me of a guy online who was berating a player who was hitting everything. the player finally left, and the berator mentioned how we should thank him.

keep throwing rocks in the pond. that's a great way to build a roll.

b

Ed Miller
07-05-2003, 06:35 PM
Your opponent probably had 87 for a straight draw.

bunky9590
07-05-2003, 10:11 PM
don't post it if you can't take the criticism!