PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 4 impressions

Dr. Strangelove
11-28-2005, 07:20 PM
There doesn't seem to be any thread about what people think of the new Xbox. Probably because no one has one or if they do are scalping it. If you do have one, what do you think?

(I'm calling it Xbox 4 because Xbox360 is the retarded title Microsoft came up with to avoid a pitting Xbox 2 V PS3. Imo they should have just said [censored] Sony and called it the Xbox 4.)

kipin
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I don't have one and I have no desire to buy one until it moves out of the beta stage it is in.

Besides, the Nintendo Revolution is going to kick ass.

11-28-2005, 07:28 PM
It's [censored] rad, seriously. The graphics are off the hinges and the wireless controller will make you unable to go back to a wired one. I play CoD 2 and PGR3. PGR3 is pretty, but too hard. CoD 2 gets played a lot.

Dr. Strangelove
11-28-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have one and I have no desire to buy one until it moves out of the beta stage it is in.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty much how i feel also, though I will definitely get one when Oblivion comes out.

billyjex
11-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Slightly off topic, but when are large shipments suppose to come in? Basically, when can I walk into a store and buy a 360 without worrying about it being sold out? Do i have to wait until after Christmas?

benza13
11-28-2005, 07:53 PM
From what I have heard store may get some in January again, but it is also possible that there won't be many until March.

pokerdirty
11-28-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From what I have heard store may get some in January again, but it is also possible that there won't be many until March.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter seeing there won't be any good games on it until March at the earliest.

citanul
11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
from what i understand they're going to keep these in artificially short supply until march, when the ps3 is coming out.

11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter seeing there won't be any good games on it until March at the earliest.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are dumb.

david050173
11-28-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
from what i understand they're going to keep these in artificially short supply until march, when the ps3 is coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems really dumb. I read about the planned launch shortage but by not shipping as many as possible by christmas doesn't make any financial sense. Of course I also don't expect to see the PS3 until Fall 06.

Nicholasp27
11-28-2005, 08:55 PM
i don't know how much sense it makes to keep them in short supply until ps3 comes out, but it does make sense to keep them in short supply until a good number of decent games are available

keeps demand high and focused on supply shortage, not on quality game shortage

Soul Daddy
11-28-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been thinking along these lines as well, but my friend told me today that there will be no component or digital converter to take advantage of HD technology. Can anyone confirm this nonsense?

11-29-2005, 02:41 AM
The 360 is awesome despite a retarded name. The few games I've played are alot of fun even King Kong. Perfect Dark Zero is like Goldeneye 3, I love it. CoD2 is beautiful. Madden sucks.
Later

Emmitt2222
11-29-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been thinking along these lines as well, but my friend told me today that there will be no component or digital converter to take advantage of HD technology. Can anyone confirm this nonsense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost certainly no HD support for the Rev. but seeing as I have no HDTV I don't care. If you do care, and crisper graphics mean that much to you then I think the PS3 will be your solution [or maybe the 360].

johnnybeef
11-29-2005, 02:48 AM
Waiting until March to release these things would be a marketing debauchle. If they have any brains what so ever, they would release these things at Christmas. That way they satisfy not only people who are gamers, but they would also capitalize on people who are difficult to buy for, and would fall into the "I think I will buy Timmy that new Xbox as he is really difficult to shop for, and that is what all of his friends are getting" croud.

send_the_msg
11-29-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost certainly no HD support for the Rev. but seeing as I have no HDTV I don't care. If you do care, and crisper graphics mean that much to you then I think the PS3 will be your solution [or maybe the 360].

[/ QUOTE ]

I will put the last nail in the coffin, there will absolutely be no HD support on the rev, this has been announced by nintendo. It's moves like this that force nintendo out of the running for mainstream consoles. I guess they've given up on dominating the main market and just retreated to the diehards.

Note: I like nintendo.

rudedog78
11-29-2005, 02:55 AM
The point of them releasing this thing so early was to avoid fighthing againts PS3 and Revolution (even tho this is coming out for christmas 2006 if im not wrong), but mostly againts PS3. So what's the idea of shorting the damn product BEFORE the holidays where all the kids want that thing and parents are willing to fork over 500$ for it...

Maybe they're doing this for publicity? Ive seen alot of bad pubs about them on alot of news shows here in Canada.

send_the_msg
11-29-2005, 03:02 AM
http://www.sellme.ru/pics/Cartmanland_small1.jpg

"But You Can't Come!"

Dr. Strangelove
11-29-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will put the last nail in the coffin, there will absolutely be no HD support on the rev, this has been announced by nintendo. It's moves like this that force nintendo out of the running for mainstream consoles. I guess they've given up on dominating the main market and just retreated to the diehards.

Note: I like nintendo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's difficult for me to describe how low my opinion of Nintendo is after the Gamecube. There wasn't a single game I played on this system that I thought was excellent. All the big series dissapointed me. I seriously doubt I will buy a revolution. I'll stick to the Xbox4 and the PS3.

TwoNiner
11-29-2005, 05:35 AM
This and the PS3 are going to be some real expensive MF'ers when looking at money lost for online poker players. Honestly, I'd recommend a coke habit instead.

pokerdirty
11-29-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i laughed.

krimson
11-29-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This and the PS3 are going to be some real expensive MF'ers when looking at money lost for online poker players. Honestly, I'd recommend a coke habit instead.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we supposed to play poker for 15 hours a day?

xadrez
11-29-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will definitely get one when Oblivion comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is the ETA of Oblivion?

pokerdirty
11-29-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will definitely get one when Oblivion comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is the ETA of Oblivion?

[/ QUOTE ]

3/15/06