PDA

View Full Version : Posting in the CO with trash

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 06:52 PM
You post in the CO (I don't want to hear anything about this, use the search function if you need to), and receive trash.

What is the lowest you open raise with? Obviously blinds adjust things a bit, but lets just start with regular tight, but not too tight blinds and person in the BB. All of them are slightly passive, but do know how to use selective agression. If you have any comments about how tight blinds, or loose blinds change the situation, please share your thoughts. I am primarily interested in the "standard" though, and feel I can adjust from there. Assume 1/2 blind structure.

You obviously can raise slightly lighter than if you hadn't posted in the CO, but I don't think you can raise any two.

My guesses?

Ax+
Kx+
Q7+
Q2s+
J6s+
J8o+
T9o+
T7s+
97s+
86s+
76s
65s
54s

Please give me ranges, and any if you have any, reasons behind those ranges.

xorbie
11-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I have no reasons to give, but my intuitive feeling is that 89o is a better raise than 45s.

BugsBunny
11-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Unless the blinds are ultra loose and will defend with any trash you should be raising with any 2 here.

See HEPFAP page 48, second paragraph. You may want to drop the absolute worst hands since people will generally defend their blinds more in 6 max, but at a minimum I'd say you want to raise the top 80% of your hands, probably closer to 90%. Given your "normal blinds" statement I'd say any 2 is correct.

You can also take a look at MLH (Ciaffone) page 319 (last full paragraph on the page).

Jeff W
11-29-2005, 01:41 AM
32o is a raise.

baronzeus
11-29-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
32o is a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
32o is a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So there is not a single hand where checking has a higher EV than raising?

If we have a loose BB, then how low do you go?

BugsBunny
11-29-2005, 06:35 AM
If he's extremely loose then it depends on how his postflop game is. If he's loose and defends tenaciously you should tighten up somewhat. If he lets go easily on the flop, or turn (he auto-peels on the flop and then releases the turn), you should still raise.

It's a steal raise that only costs you 1 SB instead of 2. And the mindset of many people will be "he must have a decent hand, otherwise he would just have checked it through".