PDA

View Full Version : Editing a Video

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Once you make your single table video, download Virtual Dub at:

http://files.digital-digest.com/downloads/files/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.6.11.zip

Run the program and go to File: Open video file. Find your video.

Once video is loaded, you can scroll through the video with Shift + }, or rewind with Shift + {. Alternatively, you can use --> or <--, but it is slightly slower.

When editing the video, you want to make segments of each hand. The hand should begin 2 seconds before your first preflop decision, and end 2 seconds after you fold, or see a showdown. Do not edit out any hands, even if they are completely standard or boring!

The easiest way to cut out the bad segments, is to scroll foward until your first fold or showdown. Two seconds later into the video hit the "home" key on your keyboard to mark the beggining of the segment to be cut. Scroll foward some more until you reach your next preflop decision. Make sure you are at least a second or two before you make your decision, and hit "end" on your keyboard, and then Ctrl + X to cut out the scene. Scroll foward until your hand ends, and repeat.

Make sure you start each hand only a second or two before your hand, to make the video as short as possible. We don't need to see the video playing while other people make their preflop decisions. Also, don't try to edit anything postflop, unless you feel extremely comfortable doing so. Normally, you won't really save much time on the video, and it might just make things confusing.

Make sure you cut out the time between two consecutive hands, even if there isn't much. This first of all saves a bit of extra time, but more importantly it allows you to scroll through the video from hand to hand extremely easily. Once your video is fully edited, you can now go from hand to hand using Shift + --> or Shift + <--.

Once your video is fully edited, go to Video: Compression. Choose the XviD codec for compression. Then go to File: Save as avi, and wait while the software makes your new video.

Editing this way will cut your video into about 1/4 through 1/3 of the original time. Don't make your original video more than an hour, so your edited video is no longer than 20 minutes. This makes it easy for people to reply. If you want more video time, just make two videos.

If you want to know how to create a video, PM someone who has made one before.

Note: I also use vdub to watch peoples videos. It makes it easier for me, and I can get through the video quicker.

baronzeus
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
I used "Camtasia studio" which does the recording, editing, and converting all in one. Oreogod suggested it and it's truly easy to use and high quality (with reasonably sized files as well.)

Just an alternative for those who don't want to deal with virtual dub

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used "Camtasia studio" which does the recording, editing, and converting all in one. Oreogod suggested it and it's truly easy to use and high quality (with reasonably sized files as well.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Free?

oreogod
11-28-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Free?

[/ QUOTE ]

only if u download it with a torrent from torrentspy or mininova.org.

If u want to go the legit route its going to cost u $300. Either way it kills every other recording program out there...the videos looks so smooth its crazy. Just look at the videos Baron has been putting out.