PDA

View Full Version : 2 Pair on a 3 flush Board.

11-28-2005, 06:24 PM
SB is a tight tag - 13.3/7.78/6.0 over 90 hands
Button is 47/7/0.7

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds

jt1
11-28-2005, 06:30 PM
his aggro level is very high. obviously that's not accurate but he's aggro enuf not to have the flush or straight here and still be betting. He could have A6 or a PP like 88 or just top pair.

you can just call the flop, though i would have capped it.

you might just call the flop 3 bet in order to raise the turn

W. Deranged
11-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Well...

1. You're probably dodging like 17 cards or more on the river.

2. The pot is only 6 BB.

But I don't know about this one here... The A /images/graemlins/club.gif isn't that bad a card for you; in fact, the only bad thing is it gives the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif draw more redraws against you. SB seems like he's probably a raise/fold type here, and I'm not convinced by the flop three-bet/turn lead that you are behind here more than 75% of the time or whatever...

So, since the turn card is safe I lean a bit on the side of calling here. I think raising is bad because we do have 4 outs to a boat and getting three-bet sucks because depending on whether button tags along we either have to pay the three-bet to draw to our boat or have to fold 3-4 outs worth of equity which by that point is getting kind of big. We can easily fold to a river /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

toss
11-28-2005, 06:33 PM
I'd raise the turn instead of folding. SB's aggr number is off the charts altough its a small sample size. He could be raising with a overpair/pair and/or onecard flushdraw. Call down if 3-bet.

W. Deranged
11-28-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the turn instead of folding. SB's aggr number is off the charts altough its a small sample size. He could be raising with a overpair/pair and/or onecard flushdraw. Call down if 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising is bad because getting three-bet sucks, in my opinion, as we are then put in a marginal spot of folding a decent amount of equity in what's a big pot or spewing three bets on the turn.

As for the agg. number, that is not an accurate number. I often see opponents with agg. numbers over 5 through 100 hands or so... the reason is simply that they have actually played so few hands that they haven't yet gotten into a situation where they've had to call.

Raising becomes better if there's any chance we might get the three-bettor to fold, but that seems ambitious to me. I also have no delusions about protecting our hand, as I don't think an A is folding here and we're losing if a /images/graemlins/spade.gif hits basically all the time; the value of forcing out a hand like 76 or something just doesn't seem enough to weather the costs of a raise here.

(See... proof that I'm not just a blind advocate of the free showdown play...)