PDA

View Full Version : good line with AKs draws? (somewhat LC...pretty standard)

11-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Reads are kind of irrelevant since I'm drawing....both villains are fish; SB is playin like a $5 stack, and UTG has been VERY LAG over about 200 hands and will call down with any pair, and donk-bluff the river.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (19 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB calls $1 (All-In), Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (19 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

Just a few minor questions. Do I cap or call the flop 3-bet? And do I keep raisin it up on the turn against this chronic LAG?

Anything I can do to help put fishy players like this on a hand here? I wanna know if my overs are good...I would have been in a tough situation if the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif hit here instead of the club.

Steve

sean c
11-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Hi Steve capp that flop! You have a monster your equity is huge. Did you consider check/raising the lag on the river? I would have.

WalkAmongUs
11-28-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Steve capp that flop! You have a monster your equity is huge. Did you consider check/raising the lag on the river? I would have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. You're going to win this pot ~60% of the time or so.

11-28-2005, 05:54 PM
damn good call on the c/r..i didn't even think of that.

11-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Im not capping preflop, id put in another raise. The rest looks fine to me.

silly_monkey
11-28-2005, 07:56 PM
*grunch*

I cap the flop. You have an equity edge here, especially against LAGs. There is a good chance your overcard outs are good against LAGs range, plus you have the nut flush and nut straight draws.

I would just call on the turn. What are you going to do on the river if you raise and miss?

You might try for a C/R on the river, but I would hate for it to get checked behind. Given LAGs play I think he bets if checked to, so C/R is probably a good option.

If a King falls instead of the club I would C/C the river.

istewart
11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd probably just get all of SB's money in on the flop while it's 3-handed. And I'd check/raise the river and call a 3-bet.

Buckmulligan
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
this is so not marginal.