PDA

View Full Version : 25/50 3-handed, superaggro button: what to do in my SB

creedofhubris
11-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm not primarily a limit player, and I was stuck a ton and feeling a little woozy last night, so I took the brilliant step of getting involved in a 25/50 game with a very aggressive player sitting to my immediate right. Luckily, the total fish to my left fed both of us.

Anyway, as best as I can figure, the aggro button was raising:

1) any ace or king
2) suited face cards
3) any pair
4) any suited connector
5) any unsuited connector bigger than 76

(since he tended not to show them down, I didn't notice 4) and 5) until later)

He was capping preflop frequently, with, as far as I could tell,

1) QK
2) Ax
3) 77+

Fishy fishy was often three-betting, so a lot of pots went in capped preflop.

These guys are giving lots of postflop action and capping w/ draws on the flop.

How should I proceed from the small blind?

Somewhere I internalized "don't cold call!", so I was hesitant to cold call with unsuited small broadway, small pairs, and suited face cards/suited connectors, but now I'm thinking I gave up a ton of value by folding, say, QTo.

aba20
11-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Rough spot, I think you have to give up some value with your QTo type hands. But you can gain more value by being able to three bet the bUtton lightly. If he is highly agressive postflop I would make sure that I have a decent hand to three bet him with. I would three bet 55++, A7o+, A4s+, KTo+, and QJo. You can't fall into the trap of three betting him lightly if he is going to play back at you postflop with marginal holdings, especially when you are out of position.

creedofhubris
11-28-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rough spot, I think you have to give up some value with your QTo type hands. But you can gain more value by being able to three bet the bUtton lightly. If he is highly agressive postflop I would make sure that I have a decent hand to three bet him with. I would three bet 55++, A7o+, A4s+, KTo+, and QJo. You can't fall into the trap of three betting him lightly if he is going to play back at you postflop with marginal holdings, especially when you are out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three-betting also sometimes folds out the fish.

Sometimes.

Victor
11-29-2005, 01:41 PM
this sounds like a super tough spot. the button and bb should be pretty straightforward but the sb would be tough. i would say 3bet k10, a9, a8s, 66. if the bb was not aggro and just loose i think semicoldcalling j10s, qjo, 109s, 33 would be ok. but i dont want to play those in a capped pot. maybe qjs if they are getting super out of line.

realize your position is better to the right of the aggro player.