PDA

View Full Version : James Bond Poll

splashpot
11-28-2005, 04:43 PM
At diebitter's suggestion, here is a poll. Vote for as many as you like. If someone else with better seeding abilities than myself want's to make a bracket tournament, feel free.

11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Mookraker? =)

ScottieK

istewart
11-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Haha, every movie has at least 1 vote. Gay.

diebitter
11-28-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. I think allowing to vote for as many as you want allows the best ones to rise properly to the top.

splashpot
Stupid inability to edit polls.

And I'm pretty sure someone just voted for every movie.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they do, silly. I voted for all of them. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

namknils
11-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Spike TV Thanksgiving Bond-a-thon? I watched it too. And now I need to go out and rent all of these older Bond movies that I've never seen.

istewart
11-28-2005, 05:13 PM
I liked Goldeneye. I'm not sure it's great in the grand scheme of Bond movies but for a 90s Cold War-type film its good stuff. Plus all the other Brosnan movies were pretty bad I believe.

pokerdirty
11-28-2005, 05:13 PM
this is why swede needed to do this...

slickpoppa
11-28-2005, 05:19 PM
anyone who voted for A View to a Kill is on crack, even though the movie does have the unintentional comedy value of Christopher Walken

11-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Timothy Dalton should win an oscar and beat roger moore over the head with it

scotty34
11-29-2005, 02:56 AM
Anything made after Goldeneye has been awful.

diebitter
11-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Two things have emerged from this thread that I've found very interesting:

1) Mookraker is an awesome word, and anyone that disagrees is a Mookraker
2) The Goldeneye dominance does indeed illustrate to perfection the huge bias of modern movies over older movies on OOT.

Nice poll! I think this 'just put em all up and let OOT sort it out' approach is a good one (not saying the knockouts are cool as well, Swede /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Landon_McFly
11-29-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two things have emerged from this thread that I've found very interesting:

1) Mookraker is an awesome word, and anyone that disagrees is a Mookraker
2) The Goldeneye dominance does indeed illustrate to perfection the huge bias of modern movies over older movies on OOT.
Nice poll! I think this 'just put em all up and let OOT sort it out' approach is a good one (not saying the knockouts are cool as well, Swede /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise you. The bias is purely due to the video game

diebitter
11-29-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that's pretty interesting. Must be ahell of a game.

Isn't there some sort of kick-ass game based on 'From Russia with Love' coming out shortly? Be interesting to rerun this in 6 months if that goes down big.

SackUp
11-29-2005, 04:14 AM
the video game made goldeneye an amzing movie!!

scotty34
11-29-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't there some sort of kick-ass game based on 'From Russia with Love' coming out shortly? Be interesting to rerun this in 6 months if that goes down big.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have never played Goldeneye?!?! IMO, that is the greatest FPS ever made for a console. I played that game for over 3 years, and it still wasn't boring. I have never found anything on a console that has come close to this.

splashpot
11-29-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was ahead of it's time. It paved the way for other multiplayer FPS like Halo. Great game indeed. I'm sure this has tons to do with the movie's popularity.

Edit: I did hear about that From Russia with Love game, but unless it's something revolutionary, it won't have the same effect as Goldeneye. There have been many other Bond games, none to live up to Goldeneye.

Landon_McFly
11-29-2005, 04:47 AM
Let me explain how big of a Goldeneye freak I was. I was in either 6th or 7th grade when it came out, and every weekend I'd have 3 of my friends stay the night and we'd play all night long. The longest I ever played was about 13 hours long. I was obsessed.

I memorized all of the respawn locations for every multiplayer level, so if we played with proximity mines I would just get the mines, plant them in the respawn locations, and just hide. Once someone would kill someone else, my kill count would automatically go up to at least 3 or 4 due to them spawning and dying instantly. (wash, rinse, and repeat, and you too will be an unstoppable force in this game with proximity mines, but not as good as me)

Everyone quit playing me when 8th grade came around, so I never really bothered with it anymore, but last year I was at a buddy's house and he challenged me to a game. I forgot all the respawn locations except all the ones in the complex (my fav level). I'm willing to bet my unborn nephew that I can beat ANYONE in the WORLD with either proxy's, remote mines, or rockets in the complex. If I were to play with friends I'd spot them 7 or 8 kills and we'd only play to 10. My game with remote mines is so on point it's disgusting.

I wish people would play this game for $$$. I would never play the game we can't speak of again /images/graemlins/cool.gif

splashpot
11-29-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to bet my unborn nephew that I can beat ANYONE in the WORLD with either proxy's, remote mines, or rockets in the complex.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very bold statement. You'd be surprised how good some people are at video games. I'm sure at one point, people did play this game for money.

Brom
11-29-2005, 04:55 AM
The only way to play it was at -10 life and pistols. Anything else is just too over the top. I preferred -10 life to license to kill mode because if you get shot in an extremity with a weak gun, then you stood a chance of living. But if you got hit in the head or most of the torso with any decent gun then it kills just like in real life. Any automatic weapons were out of the question with these settings, hence the pistols.

splashpot
11-29-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only way to play it was at -10 life and pistols. Anything else is just too over the top. I preferred -10 life to license to kill mode because if you get shot in an extremity with a weak gun, then you stood a chance of living. But if you got hit in the head or most of the torso with any decent gun then it kills just like in real life. Any automatic weapons were out of the question with these settings, hence the pistols.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Pistols on licensed to kill mode separated the men from the boys.

Landon_McFly
11-29-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very bold statement. You'd be surprised how good some people are at video games. I'm sure at one point, people did play this game for money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only wish I could make you understand. I am to Goldeneye what Michael Jordan is to basketball. Everybody is meant to do something, but unfortunately I couldn't make a living at my calling.

I know there are people out there that are extremely good at videogames, but as far as bond goes, I'm on another level. (For instance, I rarely use the joystick, I mainly strife everywhere, only using the joystick to chose which direction I'm aimed) It makes you move faster & smoother. I go to NY occasionally, and I'm sure some of you guys live out there. If you have this game I'll meet you and play for whatever stakes you want. Just remember. [Complex, explosives, and I got dibs on either bond or oddjob]

splashpot
11-29-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(For instance, I rarely use the joystick, I mainly strife everywhere, only using the joystick to chose which direction I'm aimed)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you realize this is not at all an advanced move. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting your game, but everyone who calls themselves decent at the game does this.