PDA

View Full Version : Coach Listing?

sthief09
11-28-2005, 04:24 PM
a big thing in HUSH is coaching. there are several posters who offer services. one thing ive thought of doing si starting a directory of coaches. it would list what service they offer, what they charge, and some anonymous feedback from former coached players. i know a lot of people like to jump from coach to coach so i feel like it would make things easier. id also list people interested in exchanging hand histories and such

the only problem is that it will be a portal for advertising services, so i dont know if thats kosher with 2p2. i just wanted to run it by here before i went to see if theres any interest in hush

Lloyd
11-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Historically none of this has been allowed. They can puchase an add in the Classified's like Tommy Angelo has done.

sthief09
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
what it be ok if i collected a list of names and got reviews and stuff and just pm'ed it to people if they ask for it?

MrWookie47
11-29-2005, 03:56 PM
I think since we permit affiliates to send solicited PM's to people who ask for them, this is a good solution. Do it all by PM. Talk to people you know are coaches. Have them PM you some references. References PM reviews, etc.

Lloyd
11-30-2005, 04:57 AM
I think the key is to simply not use the forums for advertising. If a "coach" starts talking about fees and stuff, that should probably be deleted. But whatever is done via (solicited) PM should be okay.

craig r
11-30-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think since we permit affiliates to send solicited PM's to people who ask for them, this is a good solution. Do it all by PM. Talk to people you know are coaches. Have them PM you some references. References PM reviews, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

We allow our affiliates to send solicited PM's in the Affiliate/Rakeback forum, but at the same time we delete people's requests for PM's. So, if an affiliate can catch the post before we delte it, they can send it, but we don't want this to turn into RRR. We want all of our advertisers to have a fair shot and let their banners do the talking.

craig