PDA

View Full Version : AT 4-handed, equal short stacks

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Villain has already shown one mini-reraise where he didn't even have Ace high or a pair!

100-200 blinds, 4 people left of a Stars 6-handed $35

All four players have between 1800 and 2800 chips, hero has 2200 and villain has 2800. Hero is button and picks of ATo.

Fold, I raise to 600, villain pushes from the small blind.

Hero?

durron597
11-28-2005, 04:16 PM
The blinds are 10 minutes. Thus it is level 6. Thus you've been playing with this guy for an hour.

If you don't know what to do here after playing with a guy for an hour, stop playing 6 handed sngs.

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:28 PM
dude, what the [censored]. I'm presenting you with a tough decision and asking for your [censored] help. If you're going to be an [censored], [censored] off then.

durron597
11-28-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, what the [censored]. I'm presenting you with a tough decision and asking for your [censored] help. If you're going to be an [censored], [censored] off then.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

This is a tough decision because it is so read dependant. You were at the table, I was not. No one can answer this question but you, and if you can't, I feel sorry for you.

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Every tough decision is totally read dependent, dude. Why give advice in any other thread? Villain is a fairly typical donkey from what I could tell.

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:34 PM
but yeah, if I don't know what to do with my [censored] AT here, I should [censored] quit poker. Durron, you are being a [censored] prick and you know it.

citanul
11-28-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every tough decision is totally read dependent, dude. Why give advice in any other thread? Villain is a fairly typical donkey from what I could tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

durron's right, you're wrong. slow your roll jabroni.

you had been at the table with the guy for an hour and the only read you gave us was about what he has when he SHOWS DOWN FOLLOWING A MINIRAISE. not exactly the most worthwhile of information in this spot.

saying for instance that you felt he was a "typical player for these stakes" would be more of a read than you provided at the beginning of the thread.

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Villain had not shown a single hand he had reraised with, the only reason i knew he didn't even have ace high is because I had Ace high in that situation and it was checked all the way down.

durron597
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but yeah, if I don't know what to do with my [censored] AT here, I should [censored] quit poker. Durron, you are being a [censored] prick and you know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you are being a prick expecting us to know better than you when your read is "he's shown down one minraise with no pair and not even ace high".

Ok, fine, he's been shown to bluff, I call. And I bet you did too and he had you dominated, is that what you want to hear?

If you could attempt to give some idea of hand ranges, preflop aggression, whether he was TAG, LAG, Tight-passive, loose-passive, etc. that would be really helpful.

Shorthanded poker is all about the flow of the game and reads. You gave us nothing, how can we expect to know what to do here? It's not like you had AK (clear call) or K7o (clear fold).

citanul
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
what did he have in that spot? how often had he reraise pushed?

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:39 PM
citanul, I gave the only information I had about villains REraising requirements.

citanul
11-28-2005, 04:40 PM
how often had he reraised.

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:40 PM
long story short, it's Monday and I'm 0 for 10 so far today.

Yeah, he had JJ. I'll cool off now.

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:41 PM
3 of the last 5 times I had raised the button (including this push)

HonchoOverload
11-28-2005, 04:42 PM
I guess my main question was "am I committed anyway"

11-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Not sure if the phrase "slow your roll" is used a lot where you guys are, but a girl that went to school with me and strasser dropped out of college (off a full tennis scholarship) to record an R+B song with Fat Joe called "Slow Your Roll." It has been generously referred to as "atrocious." Look that one up for laughs.

Fat Joe is still my boy though.

citanul
11-28-2005, 04:45 PM
it's a good thing Joe didn't miss that call and wind up being the next dr doolittle.

if the reraiser had pushed 3 of the last 5 times you'd raised, you probably should have a) been raising on the button less often with crap b) called earlier c) definitely called here, poop happens.

part of hte reason that well timed aggression works so well is that if you do it right that one time your opponent decides you're full of [censored] is the time you've really got a hand. it's cool. sometimes just playing like a [censored] tard accomplishes the same thing by luck as well.

c

durron597
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 of the last 5 times I had raised the button (including this push)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had put this in the OP we wouldn't have gotten into an argument, I would have just said "he's bullying you, instant call".