PDA

View Full Version : Unimproved King high on River

11-28-2005, 03:35 PM
I have KQ of spades on button. Four loose players limp, I raise, BB calls as does everyone else. Flop is: T,8,2 with 2 spades, giving me 2 overcards and a flush draw. Everyone checks to me, I bet and get 3 callers. Turn is 3 of hearts. Everyone checks, I bet and get 2 callers. River is 3 of clubs, Both my opponents check. What's my move? It seems to me, that once my opponents have gone this far, they will call with ace rag. Do I have any hope of getting a hand better than King high to fold?

gopnik
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
check behind. Nobody is folding unless you have them beat.

sean c
11-28-2005, 03:54 PM
With three flop callers i check behind on the turn. A river bet would just be spew.

W. Deranged
11-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Just check and expect to lose. You are on quite a parlay for a river bluff here:

1. Neither of your opponents have good pairs.

2. Both of your opponents are willing to fold.

It's just not worth it here.

11-28-2005, 04:05 PM
All this is sounding good. Suppose the pot was still large, but I only had one caller on the flop. He calls again on the turn, and instead of KQ, I have KJ, what would my river move be?
thanks.

11-28-2005, 04:20 PM
You made a play at the pot and you got called. No shame at all in that. There would be shame in spewing by betting here. Two callers have come this far, they likely have something or at least will call your river bet and will beat you anyway (even with A high or whatnot).

Check with the expectation of losing.