PDA

View Full Version : KQ, against flop checkraiser

11-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Villian is 27/4/0.43
SB is 34/3/0.56

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

McGahee
11-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Fold PF, postflop's fine.

W. Deranged
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
1. Fold pre-flop. Cold-calling with off-suit, non-paired cards is almost never correct. It's obviously not correct here against a 4% pre-flop raiser. If I'm ever playing KQo behind an open-raiser, I'm probably three-betting with it because the guy's a maniac and/or in an obvious steal position.

2. Flop bet is right, but when you get checked raised you're often screwed as 27/4/.4 types don't check-raise the flop with crap.

3. Once you get to the turn, I think you have to bet when checked to, but it's an easy fold if you get check-raised again.

4. River is a value bet I guess but I have a hard time putting my opponent on a hand here. If he'd been a bit more aggressive I'd think AK but the turn check makes me think something like JJ.

11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Preflop was my main concern. I felt like KQ was too strong to fold on the button...

krimson
11-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Folding KQo pre-flop vs a raise is fairly standard. It's even more standard when your opponent has a pfr% = 4.

Also your opponent is ridiculously passive, I would possibly check behind this river and save myself a bet vs AK. I know I'll take some heat for saying this /images/graemlins/wink.gif

krimson
11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4. River is a value bet I guess but I have a hard time putting my opponent on a hand here. If he'd been a bit more aggressive I'd think AK but the turn check makes me think something like JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think a player this passive is ever c/r'ing something less than a pair of kings. I might be wrong. And the number of hands on villian wasn't stated either, so the stats may not be accurate.

11-28-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think a player this passive is ever c/r'ing something less than a pair of kings. I might be wrong. And the number of hands on villian wasn't stated either, so the stats may not be accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the number of hands was around 50, so not incredible.

I was planning on calling down or folding the turn, but the turn check seemed really weak after a checkraise on the flop. I would have folded to a raise, and possibly even a river bet after getting called again.

krimson
11-28-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the number of hands was around 50, so not incredible.

I was planning on calling down or folding the turn, but the turn check seemed really weak after a checkraise on the flop. I would have folded to a raise, and possibly even a river bet after getting called again.

[/ QUOTE ]
With only 50 hands the stats may be a bit off. I think you can value bet this river in that case. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised when he flips over AK htough.

gopnik
11-28-2005, 03:53 PM
The villian is pretty passive preflop. I have no problem folding KQ here.

W. Deranged
11-28-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem. I think there are some opponents where I'd like to check behind the river, but it strikes me as way too weak without a very, very solid read. The flop check-raise scares me but even passive opponents will usually follow through with a bet on the turn with AK here. Villain's odd line makes me think that QQ-TT are possible enough to make the river a value betting situation.

jackdaniels
11-28-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop check-raise scares me but even passive opponents will usually follow through with a bet on the turn with AK here. Villain's odd line makes me think that QQ-TT are possible enough to make the river a value betting situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What AK checks the turn after C/R a flop with 2 spades on it? I think you are good here 100% of the time. My guess is that you are against a flush draw that forgot he was out of position and tried for a free card.

Edited to add: Fold that junk pre-flop when facing a raise.

11-28-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that you are against a flush draw that forgot he was out of position and tried for a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I thought. I also felt that I should charge the third player to continue drawing.