fuzzbox
11-28-2005, 03:06 PM
10/20 full ring

Stacks about 2k.

Hero is LMP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain is EP somewhere, maybe UTG+1 or +2

Hero knows nothing of villain really.

Preflop
villain limps, folded to hero who makes it 90 to go, villain calls.

Flop (210)
A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif
check,check

Turn (210)
7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
villain leads for 200, hero calls

River (610)
7/images/graemlins/club.gif
villain leads for 600, hero calls.

Comments on all streets would be greatly appreciated.

xorbie
11-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Can't say I really love it. Seems like you're going to be putting in a good amount when behind, but this isn't really a draw heavy board, so there's not much sense in villain bluffing that river too often.

I would also bet the flop more often than not.

Maulik
11-28-2005, 04:18 PM
I would bet that flop. I'm not sure I would call that river, that's a big bet.

thabadguy
11-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Flops check isnt too bad, but i think a turn raise is in order.

Riverman
11-28-2005, 04:44 PM
I fold the river here because your line looks like a slowplay and he doesn't seem to care.

TheWorstPlayer
11-28-2005, 05:18 PM
I don't know. I think you could have QQ, JJ, KQ, KJ here which villain could be trying to move you off of. That would be consistent with your flop and turn play and his river bet. I like hero's line.

creedofhubris
11-28-2005, 05:19 PM
River bet is a lot to call for a chop.

11-28-2005, 05:29 PM
That is my thought as well, considering that is the only thing you have unless he has air.

BK_
11-28-2005, 05:47 PM
you are pretty screwed here. id fold the river given you got there as you did.

the decision to check the flop, call a turn bet, and value bet the river if he checks and fold if he bets is usually not a bad line with a top pair of aces, but i dont like it here. there arent too many hands you can value bet the river with if he checks, so there isnt much upside to the check/call/bet line. you chop vs the only hand you want to use this line against.

id rather forget about extracting the max vs a lower 1 pair and just try to take it down on the flop and move on.

11-28-2005, 06:13 PM
pot the flop !

11-28-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fuzzbox
11-29-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks guys, this seemed to generate a lot of differing opinions.

I agree that I should have folded the river, but Im still torn between checking the flop and betting the flop. Both are good teams I suppose, but if I get called on the flop, Im done with the hand ... right?

Anyhow - villain tabled ATo for the prize.

flawless_victory
11-29-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
River bet is a lot to call for a chop.

[/ QUOTE ]
not alot of ppl would bet that much if they had Ax... i would still fold river, but i think he is winning the whole pot or none of it most of the time.

arod15
11-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Pot the flop or raise the turn there.....

SmileyEH
11-29-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand a turn raise on this board. If hero is ahead the opp. is usually drawing to at most 5 outs, if hero is behind he's drawing to 3 or 4 outs (and unlikely to make much money if he hits). Doesn't a turn raise just shut out worse hands and get calls from better ones. If the OP is going to check behind and try to get value out of bluffs by playing it passively he should probably let him. (standard I don't play this high disclaimer).

-SmileyEH