PDA

View Full Version : My Video (short - 6:39)

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Alright guys. I'm doing the best I can to be the best player I can be. Please take the time to comment on any hands you think are bad. Thanks in advance for your help,

link (http://www.pokerhandhistories.com/KrishanVid1Edited2.avi)

Krishan

11-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Link's busted. Spits up gibberish.

brick
11-28-2005, 03:12 PM
right click, save target as

MINETZ
11-28-2005, 03:13 PM
i also see nothing.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Link's busted. Spits up gibberish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited. Should work better now.

Krishan

11-28-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
right click, save target as

[/ QUOTE ]

Ingenious!

brick
11-28-2005, 03:19 PM
On the AA hand I think you should have a plan for how to deal with a river 3-bet. Based on the delay you seemed undecided, but maybe you were planning to call but just added a delay so that he might take a shot by 3-betting in the future.

11-28-2005, 03:21 PM
You seemed to like slowplaying the flop quite often in position. I do this too but Im starting to question it. You never get that great bet/3-bet on the big streets with that approach.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the AA hand I think you should have a plan for how to deal with a river 3-bet. Based on the mouse movement you seemed undecided.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plan was to call. Then I thought about it and decided to call. Plan could have been wrong though.

Krishan

imported_stealthcow
11-28-2005, 03:22 PM
i am working on adding new hands, so maybe you can explain to me your fold with 68o and your call with 62s in the bb.

with the 68o if i remember correctly the pfr was utg, so when you call you can c/r the whole field pretty easily. and you are closing the action. but with the 62s hand you can never trap the whole field for 2 bets because the sb is gonna bet the flop almost always.

i liked the AA hand, but it unforunately took me a while to get.

stealthcow-

brick
11-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Would you have checked behind on the 99 hand if the board didn't pair? Or were you going to bet?

I liked the way you played it BTW.

jba
11-28-2005, 03:32 PM
the 62s hand, goes roughly like

krishan in BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif

2 LP limpers, sb (30/22/2.2) raises, krishan calls, limpers call

flop K/images/graemlins/club.gif42r (8 sb):
sb bets, krishan raises, limper 1 calls, limper 2 folds, sb calls.

turn J/images/graemlins/club.gif (7 bb)
sb checks, krishan bets

it sure feels like we are behind and that we are going to get called in two places here. it seems like SB either has a pair or a gutshot and in any case probably isn't going to fold. do you think LP calls the flop with A high a lot here? it feels like we can get a free card if we check. I really don't know if that's right though.

11-28-2005, 03:33 PM
2:46 - You complete 95s in the SB with one limper. This is kind of an either or, but I'm not a fan of trying to get in with these hands OOP.
4:00 - You raise 44 in the CO with a really loose button and little chance of an actual steal. I'd just let it go.
5:30 - The SB raises and you call in the BB getting 7:1 with 62s. This is great. The flop comes down K42 one of your suit. SB leads and you raise. I'd just let it go. I'd take 1 off closing the action.

What was the result for the AA hand?

jba
11-28-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2:46 - You complete 95s in the SB with one limper. This is kind of an either or, but I'm not a fan of trying to get in with these hands OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

with a 2/3 blind structure I think this is a very easy call

11-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Whoops, my bad.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

with the 68o if i remember correctly the pfr was utg, so when you call you can c/r the whole field pretty easily. and you are closing the action. but with the 62s hand you can never trap the whole field for 2 bets because the sb is gonna bet the flop almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

With marginal blind hands, I'd rather have the PFR on my right than on my left. Hand protection over check raise opportunities. I also value a flush over a straight. The 62s call was really easy. 68o isn't a bad call I don't think. I don't know the odds on flopping a straight draw with a 1 gapper for one thing.

Krishan

Victor
99 hand. i love the way you played it agains the lag. if the guy was more passive i would proly check behind the river.

saw in the text that you won but i want to know what your opponent had. i think that is an important reason for making videos. now, multiple, impartial observers can develop reads independently. seeing showdown is the most dependable and worthwhile way to make reads imo.

44 hand. i like betting the drawheavy turn against passive players. obviously that is the last bet you put in the pot.

aa hand. i like it. i assume you only called the river. 4betting would be spewing i think given the action.

i usually 3bet the flop since it makes it harder for them to get away from lower pairs. also, they freeze up on some turn cards. given a pair of kings and this board it is highly unlikely that villain will freeze (the only card that will scare them is an ace) so i like your play.

nice table selection btw.

krishanleong
[ QUOTE ]
Would you have checked behind on the 99 hand if the board didn't pair? Or were you going to bet?

I liked the way you played it BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm betting the river regardless.

Krishan

baronzeus
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
how did you edit the video?

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

5:30 - The SB raises and you call in the BB getting 7:1 with 62s. This is great. The flop comes down K42 one of your suit. SB leads and you raise. I'd just let it go. I'd take 1 off closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I think if I'm going to call I have to get involved on a K high flop like this one. Anyone else chime in?

Krishan

baronzeus
11-28-2005, 03:41 PM
A2o BB -- button opens, SB coldcalls, you fold. I call this.

AA hand on K77 flop: I just raise the turn although im sure theres not much of a difference. im too worried that he might give up with his random PP by then.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

it sure feels like we are behind and that we are going to get called in two places here. it seems like SB either has a pair or a gutshot and in any case probably isn't going to fold. do you think LP calls the flop with A high a lot here? it feels like we can get a free card if we check. I really don't know if that's right though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think a check here would have been brilliant.

Krishan

baronzeus
11-28-2005, 03:42 PM
krishan,

i hate your flop raise in this one. let SB be the aggressor until you hit. your equity is marginal at best even if you are ahead. the way you played it i agree with other ppl who say to check the turn

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A2o BB -- button opens, SB coldcalls, you fold. I call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Equitywise I know I'm okay but I don't have a clue what to do postflop. Can you outline a couple scenerios where you would look to get involved and how you would play an ace?

Krishan

Nietzsche
11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the 62s hand, goes roughly like

krishan in BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif

2 LP limpers, sb (30/22/2.2) raises, krishan calls, limpers call

flop K/images/graemlins/club.gif42r (8 sb):
sb bets, krishan raises, limper 1 calls, limper 2 folds, sb calls.

turn J/images/graemlins/club.gif (7 bb)
sb checks, krishan bets

[/ QUOTE ]
That is my default play in a situation like that too. But thinking about this situation some more I kind of like Krishan's bet here. He probably doesn't have a lot of fold equity but he does have some and and combined with his pot equity I actually think a bet is +EV.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AA hand on K77 flop: I just raise the turn although im sure theres not much of a difference. im too worried that he might give up with his random PP by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he might be on a resteal as a K high uncoordinated board is a good one to bluff at. So I decided to let him fire the last barrel before making him pay. Also I'd likely call down in this spot with ace high so I think most PP will bet.

Krishan

baronzeus
11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
playing the ace (if it hits i mean) is pretty easy imo, i just checkraise the button and keep betting until he raises, then i make a decision. theres also a few wheel draws that a ragged flop allows me to peel for.

and your position on the flop is awesome because c/r the button gets you 2 bets from both button and SB

AlexHoops
11-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Also, what program did you use to make this video? Were you multitabling and then just edited it down to 1 screen?

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, what program did you use to make this video? Were you multitabling and then just edited it down to 1 screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Camstudio. Moose made a great tutorial and posted it here on MUSH. But then it got deleted. I think Josh is going to try and put it in a sticky sometime.

I was going to single table but I decided to 2 table with only one table being recorded. I normally play more tables.

Krishan

DMBFan23
11-28-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I think if I'm going to call I have to get involved on a K high flop like this one. Anyone else chime in?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I always thought it was better to be closing the action with these kinds of hands, it also lets me get away when there's a bet and a raise. I usually fold PF when I have this bad relative position

johnnycakes
11-28-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer resides at 5:09.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer resides at 5:09.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost to a 7.

Krishan

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Damn, I already missed all the discussion. I don't really have much to add. Almost everything seemd pretty standard to me. I probably play 62s like you did, but I can see why people advocate checking the turn. What was your reason for not raising the turn with AA? I find that sometimes people don't be the river, and then you never get to raise.

Good editing. My only problem with it is that sometimes you cut a bit too close. If you wait about 1 second after folding or seeing showdown, things are much clearer. This adds virtually no time to the length of the video.

Good job.

Next time get into more marginal situations!

kiddo
11-28-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 62s call was really easy. 68o isn't a bad call I don't think. I don't know the odds on flopping a straight draw with a 1 gapper for one thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should trust Abdul Jalib on this and call both 62s and 86o, he says:

[ QUOTE ]
Versus one or more callers in addition to the raiser, get away from offsuit aces below about A9 and your weakest offsuit hands like 42, but you can call with any two suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

He prefers 62s before A8o in a raised multiway pot from BB. That is something to think about. I think many players would much prefer to call with likely dominated hands as A7o then trash hands like 53o or 62s no matter how many players in. Its really hard to not think A8o is better then 62s because u have won so many pots with A8o but almost none with 62s (specially if u play SH-tables).

http://www.pokerator.com/statistics/openpage.asp?id=1

oreogod
11-28-2005, 07:09 PM
I assume the stats on the left of the players name are the new agression type stats.

Anyway u can tell me how the new ones work and if they are more effective?

Subfallen
11-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Why do I just get "error downloading codec?" /images/graemlins/frown.gif

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume the stats on the left of the players name are the new agression type stats.

Anyway u can tell me how the new ones work and if they are more effective?

[/ QUOTE ]

Top 3 are cr %, defend BB, Attempt to steal. Down the side are fold flop, fold turn, fold river. First Bottom is VP$IP/PFR/hands. Second Bottom is Aggression Total and WTSD.

Krishan

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think we should trust Abdul Jalib on this and call both 62s and 86o,

He prefers 62s before A8o in a raised multiway pot from BB. That is something to think about. I think many players would much prefer to call with likely dominated hands as A7o then trash hands like 53o or 62s no matter how many players in. Its really hard to not think A8o is better then 62s because u have won so many pots with A8o but almost none with 62s (specially if u play SH-tables).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good enough for me. I'll call with weak connectors down to 64o getting 7-1. I think 62s is way better than A8o. I have no problem conceptualizing that. If you are getting involved with a marginal hand, pick one with implied odds, not reverse implied odds.

Krishan

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I just get "error downloading codec?" /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

aa hand. i like it. i assume you only called the river. 4betting would be spewing i think given the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually thinking about folding. My river raises have been mixed up lately. There is a time and place to wait for the river to raise because you are less likely to get 3-bet on the river than on the turn. This protects you both from folding the best hand when you get 3-bet on the turn by a draw + you don't lose as much when you are behind (Say to 2 pair).

Recently I think I started calling river 3-bets in spots where the river 3-bet is almost always the nuts. So I had to slow down and think the hand through from the start to make sure I wasn't calling the river when I shouldn't. Villian can have AA or AK often enough for calling the river 3-bet to be profitable (I think). Since noone else has objected to the river call I'm guessing it's okay.

Krishan

oreogod
11-28-2005, 07:35 PM
On the AK hand u bet the flush river after being called down...if your bet was raised Im assuming u are calling right?

Also, what do u do if it goes: you bet, player 1 raises, player 2 cold calls?

Just curious.

Also, make a longer video sometime. And if u edit it...at least wait until after showdown to cut the video to the next hand.

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, make a longer video sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this size is fine. 10 minutes is probably optimal for me. Once it starts getting too much longer, I think it becomes tedious to do it all at once.

You also don't want to discuss 15 different hands all in the same thread.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the AK hand u bet the flush river after being called down...if your bet was raised Im assuming u are calling right?

Just curious.

Also, make a longer video sometime. And if u edit it...at least wait until after showdown to cut the video to the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the hand you are talking about. Recheck the video.

I don't like long videos. I'll make a bunch of short ones.

Why should I need to keep the showdown in the video? I don't want to influence people when I show video. It's like showing results in a hand post.

Krishan

jba
11-28-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why should I need to keep the showdown in the video? I don't want to influence people when I show video. It's like showing results in a hand post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think seeing the showdown is one of the best reads you can get on a player, and I think it puts the rest of the video in context. The purpose of the video is to show a continuous flow of play. I agree it is worthless in a hand post, but I think the value of possible reads makes up for the struggle to remain unbiased.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think seeing the showdown is one of the best reads you can get on a player, and I think it puts the rest of the video in context. The purpose of the video is to show a continuous flow of play. I agree it is worthless in a hand post, but I think the value of possible reads makes up for the struggle to remain unbiased.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do get some showdowns. I only edit ones that I think are particularly worthy of discussion. I'll keep the read value of showdowns in mind when I do my editing.

Krishan

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think videos are turning out to be a great resource. The only thing that could be added to them is when you see certain plays in one hand that influence your decisions on later hands. For the most part, it is kind of impracticle though, as usually you folded the hand, and so we don't really want to waste a whole 40 seconds of video just to give one hand that might help as being a read for later. If the opponent shows something crazy on a hand you were in though, I think it might be helpful to show the hand. I guess you only need to do this if you think it might help with other hands, which may not be that often.

Another idea that I was thinking about was to record a 800x800 video, and keep a small textpad at the bottom of your table to write notes to the reader of the video. You would need to make sure that these notes are written, or at least shown during you are playing a hand, so as to not add unnecessary time to the video. Once the text has been shown for a few seconds, it can be deleted to write the next note.

I did this in my original video with TStone, and I thought it was helpful, because he was able to comment on hands that I played standard, but that I was unsure about, and had asked a question.

oreogod
11-28-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Very last hand of the video. As far as showdowns, I dont really think it influences ppl at all, they are watching u play the hand. Just because they see the showdown should not influence them...its just the jumps are like, "wait...wtf happened." There is no closure to the hand, so I find myself having to go back a few seconds on each new hand.

Victor
11-28-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Very last hand of the video. As far as showdowns, I dont really think it influences ppl at all, they are watching u play the hand. Just because they see the showdown should not influence them...its just the jumps are like, "wait...wtf happened." There is no closure to the hand, so I find myself having to go back a few seconds on each new hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i pause the videos and make my responses before i see the showdowns.

i use previous showdowns to factor into later hands.

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i pause the videos and make my responses before i see the showdowns.

i use previous showdowns to factor into later hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the video in Virtual Dub, so I can seek foward at my own pace. This allows me to figure out what I would do before I see what the person in the video does. Otherwise, I might see a hand, say "oh, that looks good", but in reality, I would have done something else differently.

Kinda the same concept as when you read other replies to posts, and just agree with them, rather then first replying with what you would actually do, and then seeing that you were wrong.

stigmata
11-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Nothing really to add that hasn't been said already, but seeing as I watched it I will make a few comments:

1) Really nice video. I think this short/edited/1-table is just by far the easiest to watch. I think everyone should make them like this -- can we have a sticky guide please?

2) Nice table selection. How come whenever I sit at the Party 15/30 6-max it's full of LAGTAGS?

3) I play almost all of the hands the same

4) 44 I've stopped stealing this against LP players, and I'm not convinced its +EV against these players from the CO.

5) AA fine, I raise one of the big street too, and call a 3-bet.

6) 62s. Not sure what I do on the flop or what is correct. I'm guessing that raise/fold/call are probably quite close in value. Played like you did, I'm definately checking the turn and expecting to get a free-card a good proportion of the time. A turn bet may fold the sb's Ax etc, but UTG is going nowhere.

Spicymoose
11-29-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2) Nice table selection. How come whenever I sit at the Party 15/30 6-max it's full of LAGTAGS?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never tried the 15/30, but you should be able to find good games regardles.

Every time I have ever tried 10/20, I table select like crazy, am rewarded with a ridiculouly nice table.

What is your table selection strategy?

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never tried the 15/30, but you should be able to find good games regardles.

Every time I have ever tried 10/20, I table select like crazy, am rewarded with a ridiculouly nice table.

What is your table selection strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only 3 15/30 short tables.

Krishan

stigmata
11-29-2005, 09:28 AM
I can find great 15/30 full tables. In fact, i'm pretty confident I can make more $/hr at an average 15/30 than an average 30/60 at the moment.

It's just (as Krishan points out) there are only 3 15/30 6-max tables. In the hours I play, there seems to be the same bunch of pretty good LAGTAGs dominating those tables. I just find I'm almost allways better off with a good 10/20 table. In fact, I have stopped even bothering with those tables -- maybe I should start looking at them again, after seeing Krishans video.

augie00
11-29-2005, 02:34 PM
What program do you use to reveal opponent's mucked hole cards???? that was awesome!!! or did you edit those in?

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What program do you use to reveal opponent's mucked hole cards???? that was awesome!!! or did you edit those in?

[/ QUOTE ]

www.pokeracesoftware.com (http://www.pokeracesoftware.com)

krishan

Jeff W
12-01-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check turn. UTG's flop cold call is menacing.

sthief09
12-01-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Josh is going to try and put it in a sticky sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would have loved to but i didnt realize it was property of tstone, who didnt want it posted

i dont know if he wants it being posted, but if he wants to post it here so people know where to find it he can go ahead

Victor
12-01-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Camstudio. Moose made a great tutorial and posted it here on MUSH. But then it got deleted. I think Josh is going to try and put it in a sticky sometime.

I was going to single table but I decided to 2 table with only one table being recorded. I normally play more tables.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

i think detailed instructions for making the best video would be great. post or pm.

TStoneMBD
12-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Hi guys. I have the tutorial setup for www.pokeavi.com (http://www.pokeavi.com) . It can be found here: http://www.pokeravi.com/tutorial.html

The site is all ready to go. I haven't "officially released" it yet because there are still some small kinks to be worked out but the major elements of the site have been finished. If you want to create an account and start uploading videos immediately private message me with your preferred password and I'll have you setup as soon as I get your message. We want to get several videos uploaded before the site is officially publicized.