PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods Saturday Tourney questions

Byrn
07-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Heading down to Foxwoods tomorrow morning with a couple of pals to play in the 10 am tourney. I've played weeknight tourneys there but not the weekend events.

From what I am reading, it seems we should be there by 9 or so as it has been selling out lately. Should that be sufficient, or should we try for earlier?

Anybody have an opinion on the Mohegan Sat tourney v. Foxwoods? We are choosing Foxwoods by default but can be swayed.

Anyone else heading down tomorrow?

Greg (FossilMan)
07-04-2003, 11:07 PM
I might show up if I don't sleep in too late.

However, I'm a lot more interested in the half holdem, half Omaha pot limit game that has been going off after the tourney than I am in the tourney itself.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-07-2003, 09:05 AM
More often than not, I play the Foxwoods Satrday tournament, but last weekend, I went to Mohegan instead. Only my 2nd time at the limit event, and again this time, I made it in the money - 16th - which was break-even. lat time, I finished 12th, which earned me enough for dinner. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

That aside, they run tournaments much better at Foxwoods. Here are two examples from last week. I get moved from one table to another about 3 hands into a round. When I get to the new table, I notice they're still on the previous round. We then have a dealer change and get to suffer with one of the worst dealers on earth. It seems we only get 5 or 6 hands out at a given level (I know I'm exaggerating here, but I'll wager we played between half and 2/3 the number of hands at two given levels that the other tables). There's an old guy at the table who can't figure out what his chips are worth, so the dealer has to put his bets in for him, and we're down to 3 tables left at this point. There are two side pots in one hand, the dealer has to count the T500 chips in stacks of TWO....

When I walk up to cash out, I'm waiting for the floor man to make his usual suggestion to leave a bit for the dealers so I can point out that he has some nerve to make that suggestion to anyone who was at *that* table, but he doesn't say anything, so I take my cash and go eat lunch.

The competition is a bit tougher at Foxwoods. Between the limit and no-limit events, I've cashed about 20% of my events at Foxwoods (one final table, 0 wins) and about 2/3 of my events at Mohegan (5 final tables, 1 win), yet I'm still prefer playing at Foxwoods even though I know I'm more likely to win at Mohegan.