PDA

View Full Version : Possibly boring 44 hand

Rubeskies
11-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Might be boring but wanted a quick checkup.

UTG is 41/25/1.5 after 160 hands
CO is 37/4/.3 after 200 hands
SB is basically unknown although seems loose.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, CO calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

11-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Why didnt you raise the flop? I'm unsure about it, but I do it here very often.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 02:21 PM
looks okay to me. I would think about betting the river for a bit but I think checking is best.

Krishan

Danenania
11-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Looks great to me. I think calling is much better than raising on flop. Turn and river good. Like krishan says I'd consider betting riv and certainly would if the guy was a bit more aggressive, but as he is we must weight his hand range pretty drastically away from Aces and towards PP's after his turn bet.

11-28-2005, 03:08 PM
With SB behind you and no guarantee that UTG is going to fire again you really need to raise the flop.

dave44
11-28-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks great to me. I think calling is much better than raising on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise the flop here without thinking much about it. Would you rather wait because you think our equity is just too small? Would you raise an 8 - 10 on the turn if the action was the same?

xorbie
11-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I think this river is a really easy value bet isn't it? CO would raise any higher pair (except maybe 55 or tricky 66) on the flop, so I can't see him with anything but A high here.

Spicymoose
11-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Raise the flop.

I guess I am in the minority on the turn. I fold. This guy is super passive. I think he had has a 7 with a weak kicker, so didn't want to raise the flop. Once he sees he has the full house, he bets.

Danenania
11-28-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks great to me. I think calling is much better than raising on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise the flop here without thinking much about it. Would you rather wait because you think our equity is just too small? Would you raise an 8 - 10 on the turn if the action was the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, much improved equity, room to maneuver, information--get to see everyone act again before making major decision, more pressure on overcards and folding equity against some better hands, tie people to pot less on flop, make more when we spike a 4, can trust turn action much more than flop action (someone 3-betting on flop doesn't mean much, turn is real deal).

In this specific situation I'd probably fold to the player described on an 8 or 10 turn based on his super passive agg factor. However when the 7 pairs I think he's betting A-high often enough to see a showdown (and raising is certainly the best way to see one), but just barely, and certainly not often enough to justify a river bet.