PDA

View Full Version : Movie review request: Beyond the Sea

CrazyEyez
11-28-2005, 01:26 PM
From the very little I know about Bobby Darin he seems like an interesting/talented guy. Is this movie, starring Kevin Spacey, worth seeing? It looks a little fruity. Comments anyone? I guess I'm sending out the Diebitter signal.

diebitter
11-28-2005, 01:27 PM
you make a diebitter signal, and I'll watch it and review it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

samjjones
11-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Its worth watching if 1) you know absolutely nothing about Bobby Darin, 2) are a Kate Bosworth stalker, or 3) are gay.

FWIW, I had the same background familiarity with Darin that you did, and I found this film incredibly pretentious. Spacey's singing is Bill Murray-esque.

CrazyEyez
11-28-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you make a diebitter signal, and I'll watch it and review it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7636/signal4mk.jpg

CrazyEyez
11-28-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its worth watching if 1) you know absolutely nothing about Bobby Darin, 2) are a Kate Bosworth stalker, or 3) are gay.

FWIW, I had the same background familiarity with Darin that you did, and I found this film incredibly pretentious. Spacey's singing is Bill Murray-esque.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a thumbs down. Interesting that you say it's pretentious. I don't like Spacey much because that's how I feel about him.

diebitter
11-28-2005, 02:32 PM
ROFL!

Well, you called, I will do your bidding. But can't you pick another one if it's a duffer /images/graemlins/confused.gif

samjjones
11-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah, definitely a thumbs down. Esp. when compared to other recent music biopics like "Ray" and "Walk The Line".

CrazyEyez
11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, definitely a thumbs down. Esp. when compared to other recent music biopics like "Ray" and "Walk The Line".

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. I'll download Mack the Knife and call it a day.

DB - don't worry about it. I'll use the signal another time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

diebitter
11-28-2005, 02:35 PM
You have first dibs on whatever you want reviewed. You may have to wait if I haven't seen it/got it though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

samjjones
11-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Darin was very sickly as a kid, and wasn't expected to live past his teens. So he figured he was on borrowed time, and lived his life that way. Kinda like Mickey Mantle. Interesting guy.