PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Sick People

istewart
11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Get the [censored] away from me.

Either spend a few days in a lab and find a cure for the common cold or quarantine yourselves in your bedroom from November to February. We do not need to hear your incessant coughing or disgusting sniffling, and neither should we have to.

That is all.

This applies to people with AIDS too but I figured that was a given.

miajag81
11-28-2005, 01:22 PM
I hate going to the movies in the winter because of this [censored]. Stay home, Sickly McSickerson.

codewarrior
11-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Sorry, Squire, I think I gobbed on your carpet!

astroglide
11-28-2005, 01:44 PM
i love it when co-workers get noble and come to work snotting all over the place /images/graemlins/frown.gif

pokerdirty
11-28-2005, 01:45 PM
http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/bto/images/sneeze.jpg

11-28-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My sentiments exactly.

The worst is when my friends feel a need to come into my office cube (not just up to it) to discuss some long drawn out story or the details of their illness. Please do not do this if you are sick.

MonkeeMan
11-28-2005, 01:46 PM
This applies to degenerates too.

Aloysius
11-28-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Either spend a few days in a lab and find a cure for the common cold or quarantine yourselves in your bedroom from November to February. We do not need to hear your incessant coughing or disgusting sniffling, and neither should we have to.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never get sick. Some chick got me sick recently. Sucked. During my sickness (mild coughing / sneezing) I went to meet a friend at a coffee shop. Sat down at the only available table inside waiting for friend (there's a patio, but since I felt a little sick didn't wanna sit outside).

Only available table inside happened to be next to this family (young parents, 2 young kids). I sneezed, and the father looked at me apprehensively. And he asked "are you sick dude?". And I said "a little, but it's been a couple days I doubt I'm contagious if you're worried."

Then he said - "huh, OK that's cool man. Thing is, I mean, what's the ethical right move here?" And I said "huh?"

And he said "well if you're sick, and I don't wanna sit next to a sick person, should you move cause you're 1 person, or should I have to move my whole family?"

I just ignored him and then he moved his family. Am I a [censored]?

MonkeeMan
11-28-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sneezed, and the father looked at me apprehensively. And he asked "are you sick dude?". And I said "[censored] pepper up my nose. "

[/ QUOTE ]

peterchi
11-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Also, when you sneeze, cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow.

Using your hands is quite counter-productive. Your hands get all over everything. I am wary of contact with anyone who I see using their hands for a sneeze.

-Skeme-
11-28-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using your hands is quite counter-productive. Your hands get all over everything. I am wary of contact with anyone who I see using their hands for a sneeze.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave myself pinkeye by doing this.

LALDAAS
11-28-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya bro,

So I am sitting on a plane on my way to Hawaii for vaction 2 weeks ago. This mother and her rat bastard evil troll (maybe 2 years old) is sitting on her lap.

WTF! Buy that damn troll a plane ticket! I cant belive they allow that.

This little [censored] is coughing every 2 minutes with that flem snapping baby cough. Right in my god damn face.

We havent even taken off yet. Its a 6 hour flight!!!

So I say to the mother how could you take that kid on this plane. So my girl hits me and tells me to be nice.

So I make a prop bet with my girl we both end up sick.

So I resort to sitting there looking at the mother for 6 hours and every time the rat troll coughs I say cover that kids mouth.

WTF!!!! So I am on vaction in Hawaii WTF happens buy Wednesday, We get the god damn flu.

FU TROLL

istewart
11-28-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF! Buy that damn troll a plane ticket!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

Aloysius
11-28-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard this stuff works well if about to enter diseased environment like a plane -

http://www.airbornecoldremedy.com/images/product-large.jpg

miajag81
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard this stuff works well if about to enter diseased environment like a plane -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1d/Brass_knuckles.jpg/250px-Brass_knuckles.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

kenberman
11-28-2005, 02:16 PM
"This applies to people with AIDS too but I figured that was a given. "

at least you're educated & knowledgeable about the threat this disease poses to you.

istewart
11-28-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

at least you're educated & knowledgeable about the threat this disease poses to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the OP you would realize this has nothing to do with the threat of becoming sick, but moreso with being disgusted with those who are already sick.

samjjones
11-28-2005, 02:19 PM
I have had a cold for weeks. I am out of vacation/sick days. Should I just allow myself to get fired? Or SISKCM?

PokerGoblin
11-28-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is so ignorant and immature on so many levels.

You are a [censored] idiot.

kenberman
11-28-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the OP you would realize this has nothing to do with the threat of becoming sick, but moreso with being disgusted with those who are already sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read your OP, and your revision to it makes even less sense/is worse than your original statement

B Dids
11-28-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like when istewey makes a post that basically says "Hi, I'm doing this so that you overreact and respond with fury and vigor" and then people respond with fury and vigor.

I too, hate co-workers who come to work sick. We had some woman who was one of those natural medicine fools, which would have been nice if she'd actually followed the program and stayed at home and let her body heal naturally. Instead she game to work spewing snot and spreading her disease and wondering why her Goldenseal didn't do the trick.

TheIrishThug
11-28-2005, 02:29 PM
this got a lot farther than i expected it to before the flaming started

PokerGoblin
11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed it, otherwise I'd have responded sooner.

The stupid [censored] in OOT is starting to resurface again after a couple weeks of being relatively dormant. You'd think people would know by now...

BradleyT
11-28-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he didn't say it applies to blacks and queers also.

LALDAAS
11-28-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriouly what does this do. I call bull [censored] on this product.

This will be the 3rd time I have gotten sick on a plane next time I swear I am wear one of those wacko jacko masks and bring a can of lysol with me.

citanul
11-28-2005, 02:36 PM
citanul's shortened version:

Stop [censored] sneezing and coughing on me in the subway and on the sidewalk, you walking, talking, disease-carrying vermin.

Aloysius
11-28-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriouly what does this do. I call bull [censored] on this product.

This will be the 3rd time I have gotten sick on a plane next time I swear I am wear one of those wacko jacko masks and bring a can of lysol with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows - I've never tried it but my buddy and boss swear by it. Airplanes are disgusting disease-ridden holes. I'm trying this Airborne [censored], downing a bunch of vitamin c pills and echinacea and zinc, and see what happens...

miajag81
11-28-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed it, otherwise I'd have responded sooner.

The stupid [censored] in OOT is starting to resurface again after a couple weeks of being relatively dormant. You'd think people would know by now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you even considered the possibility that he might have been kidding?

imported_The Vibesman
11-28-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And he said "well if you're sick, and I don't wanna sit next to a sick person, should you move cause you're 1 person, or should I have to move my whole family?"

I just ignored him and then he moved his family. Am I a [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct answer was, "Well, you could either stifle your children under a blanket of parental protectiveness, stunting the growth of their brains so they become total wimps, or you could realize that life will throw a germ at them every once in a while and their system will be stronger for previous exposure. Your call, s**thead." Then, dump coffee in his lap and turn away, reading a paper.

Victor
11-28-2005, 02:55 PM
you guys are all wimps and nits. if YOU dont want to get sick, maybe YOU should stay indoors.

citanul
11-28-2005, 02:56 PM
i have now used this stuff on 2 flights without getting sick (or sicker) post flight. i'm going to give it 2 or 3 more flights of non-illness before calling it a success and then chalk it up to another good el diablo recommendation.

c

11-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Reminds of a woman I used to work with who often called in sick to party/recover from hangovers. So one day she comes in with a with a lip that's swollen to four times normal size with weeping herpes sores all around her mouth. She actually had a legit reason to stay home sick and didn't. Nasty whore finally got sent home and everything she came in contact with was Lysoled.

B Dids
11-28-2005, 03:09 PM
This is less about getting sick and more about finding that [censored] basically gross and nasty.