PDA

View Full Version : AK hand has left me thinking

dcarlc
11-28-2005, 11:53 AM
5/10, 5 handed

UTG(unknown 5th hand) raises, CO folds, Hero raises A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB folds, BB(46/25/2.5)calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check, Check, Hero Bets, call, call.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check, Check, Check?

River: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, UTG calls, Hero calls?

With the King of /images/graemlins/heart.gif should I continue betting on the turn?

On the river the BB bets which is not that suprising, but what if the unknown UTG raises instead of a call?

When this hand was over I feel like I could of done so many things different, and should have.

xLukex
11-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I would bet the turn since you hold the king of hearts. I would also be raising the river. BB is betting because he is aggressive. The stats say it all. UTG calling shows that you have a hand that beats his. You should definitely be raising the river here. UTG will call for an extra bet, as will LAGGY BB.

If you were raised on the turn then yeah, you should just call. But how can you just call on the river when you didn't bet the turn and your hand MASSIVELY improved? Someone thinks their pair of jacks is good.

jaxUp
11-28-2005, 11:59 AM
When we get called in 2 spots on the flop, I start to think it's more likely that we're behind and going to get called down. The fact that it is a heart, IMO, further decreases our FE on the turn. I think that I like this turn check, as it allows us to raise a favorable river, since we will almost always be bet into.

If it's HU, I love a turn bet because we have better FE and much better chance that we're ahead. 3-way I like your line.