PDA

View Full Version : MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration

chuddo
11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
<u>MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I</u>
(with no affilliation to 2+2 Publishing)

Buyin: $1,500
# of players: 32

Format:

Single Elimination 32-man tourney. The bracket will be formed after signups and will be randomly generated.

The matches will be played at UltimateBet on the .25-.50 HU No Limit tables.

Each Player will begin with 100 BBs ($50).
Each player will have 2 reloads that will be taken only when they have reached $0.
The match will be over when one player has won all 300 BBs from the other player.

Players that are matched up will be given an adequate time frame to have their match, with the results being posted and confirmed in the official thread for that round.

It is also a good idea to save the match hand histories, in the off-chance event of a dispute, and for discussion.

It will also be appreciated if prior to the match, notice is given in that rounds thread so that people have a headsup to watch the match.

The Final Four matches will have 1 more added reload, bringing the total 400 BBs.

The Championship match will add yet another, bringing the total to 500 BBs. If both players championship players agree to lower this amount to 400 or the inial 300, they may.

The losers in the Final Four will have a consolation match to decide 3rd place, which will also feature a total of 500 BBs, unless they both agree to use lower.

-------
Payots:

Total Prize Pool: $48,000
1st: 20,000
2nd: 12,000
3rd: 8,000
4th: 5,000
5th-8th 700
= $47,800

$200 will be used from the pool for trophies/awards.

Also, for each match you win, you win the other players $150.

-------

In order to register for this tourney, the entry fee must be escrowed to me. I can accept transfers on the following:
-UltimateBet
-PartyPoker
-PokerStars

If none of these options are available, I can also accept a Neteller Transfer, provided you also eat the 1.2% transfer charge.

Payouts from the tourney will be handled through the best method for the particular player.

NOTE: If you would like the initial $150 in chips transferred to you on UB for the tourney, you need to transfer a total of $1,650 when registering.

In order to register, you need to post in this thread that you are registering, and PM me with which method you are going to use.

We will work out your transfer through PM.

Once you are signed up, I will append your name to this this.

--------
One last point: This tourney is an Invitational, and therefore discretion will be used regarding who is allowed to enter.

This is being done solely to ensure that the 32 spots are filled by more regular members, and doesn't contain say 10 people with 15 posts.

If there are any openings left, then it will be more extended and open.

**** Registered Players ****
1. ...?

flawless_victory
11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
yall niggas prepare to go broke.

flawless_victory
11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
holla.

durrrr
11-28-2005, 11:43 AM
in.

chuddo
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
PM me to get registered.

VanVeen
11-28-2005, 11:44 AM
In.

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Each player will have 2 reloads that will be taken only when they have reached $0.

[/ QUOTE ]This part of it seems crazy to me.

durrrr
11-28-2005, 11:54 AM
i propose every1 sends chuddo 1505... he should get a little cheese for setting this up. Im gonna- just a thought.

(i know this $$ wont mean much to him... but just seems the right thing to do).

chuddo
11-28-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]This part of it seems crazy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was because it may have gotten complicated to ensure that neither player exceeded a total of 300 BB in reloading.

turnipmonster
11-28-2005, 11:59 AM
what sort of time frame are we talking here? like we'll have a week to play each match maybe, or less time?

thabadguy
11-28-2005, 12:01 PM
When will these matches take place?

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is being done solely to ensure that the 32 spots are filled by more regular members, and doesn't contain say 10 people with 15 posts.

If there are any openings left, then it will be more extended and open.

[/ QUOTE ]
This part of it I have an idea: Let's say there's like 28 forum regulars and 8 people that aren't regulars but want to play. They can play a HU match for the spot into the tourny.

AceHiStation
11-28-2005, 12:02 PM
I'd like to signup... but I'm out of town December 31st-January 8th... problem?

chuddo
the matches will take place after everyone is registered, and the brackets are set up.

there will be a thread for each round that will keep updates on how the round is going.

it is up to the two players matched up to set up a good time for them to play within a reasonable time frame.

prior to playing, a headsup should be given in that rounds thread, so that anyone can observe the match.

thabadguy
Define regular?
Post count&gt;500???

chuddo
11-28-2005, 12:04 PM
post count really isn't really a big deal.

95% of the people are going to be auto-approved and allowed to register.

If there is someone considered a bit iffy or new, then they will be asked to be held off on registering, and then permitted to if there is room for them.

11-28-2005, 12:06 PM
When are these taking place? I would love to spectate these.

Ulysses
11-28-2005, 12:14 PM
1. Rather than only reload at zero, how about a simple "cannot buy in for more than $150 total" ? It's not very hard to track how much you're in for in a given game (and if you play just this table, UB will have this handy stat available for you on your account page). In an ideal world, we'd be able to buy to cover, but given the constraints we are working with, I think we should at least be able to always have a full buyin (until we reach the rebuy limit) in play. Otherwise, I think it gives an unfair advantage to the guy who wins the first couple of medium pots.

2. I'd much rather have all "known" players here who play at high stakes keep the $1500 themselves and deal w/ transfers when they lose, rather than give one person $50k to hold on trust alone. chuddo, Zeebo, flawless, ML4L, etc - (I could go on), I'm more than happy to trust that they'll transfer $1500 at the end after I take them all down. I just think that's a way more comfortable setup than having everyone send $1500 to one player. (and newer members can be required to escrow w/ chuddo to play)

holla

stoxtrader
11-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I would like to improve my shorthanded NL play and this seems a very good way. If there is space, please count me in. I understand completely if I'm not included, as I rarely contribute in this forum.

durrrr
11-28-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Rather than only reload at zero, how about a simple "cannot buy in for more than $150 total" ? It's not very hard to track how much you're in for in a given game (and if you play just this table, UB will have this handy stat available for you on your account page). In an ideal world, we'd be able to buy to cover, but given the constraints we are working with, I think we should at least be able to always have a full buyin (until we reach the rebuy limit) in play. Otherwise, I think it gives an unfair advantage to the guy who wins the first couple of medium pots.

2. I'd much rather have all "known" players here who play at high stakes keep the $1500 themselves and deal w/ transfers when they lose, rather than give one person $50k to hold on trust alone. chuddo, Zeebo, flawless, ML4L, etc - (I could go on), I'm more than happy to trust that they'll transfer $1500 at the end after I take them all down. I just think that's a way more comfortable setup than having everyone send $1500 to one player. (and newer members can be required to escrow w/ chuddo to play)

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

both good points. I agree w/ the 2nd one somewhat- maybe a few people could hold 10k each (you, chuddo, zeebo, flawless). Its not that I (or anyone else entering) distrust chuddo or ne1 else... rather its just that this is all being done online- and an online reputation is worth a lot less than 48k to most people.

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 12:21 PM
HEY NO OFFENSE CHUDDO BUT I DON'T KNOW YOU AT ALL I'M NOT SURE IF I FEEL COMFORTABLE THAT YOU'RE IN CHARGE. IF YOU GUYS WANNA ESCROW ME MONEY AND I'LL HOLD ON TO HALF OF THE PRIZE POOL THAT COULD WORK TOO. I'VE DONE TRANSFERS WITH A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT FORUM REGULARS FOR UP TO AROUND 20K OR SO (STRASSA, AZK, DURRR, THEBADGUY TO NAME A FEW)

Yeti
11-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Ok, sounds good.

chuddo
11-28-2005, 12:22 PM
diablo:

i agree on your 1st point, and think it will be changed to allow for rebuying at any point, as long as it does not exceed 300 BBs total (or 400 for semis and 500 for final).

the 2nd point not so much on. i am willing to run everything and make sure everything goes smoothly, but to do so i would like to have the prize pool under me as well, as it will prevent any headaches in making sure people are compensated. it would just make it easier for me. "oh you finished 8th? here is your 700". "got 2nd? here ill transfer your 12k"

stoxtrader, i am sure there will be sufficient room for you.

chuddo
11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
splitting up the prize pool to be escrowed to various members would work as well.

but in the off tiny chance someone did screw someone, that would kind of leave me F'd as well. so i am not going to risk myself being attached to someone else screwing someone.

if other parties want to take over the whole thing and handle it however they wish, that is fine with me.

but i do wish to run it, but i am only going to be comfortable if only i am personally responsible.

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if other parties want to take over the whole thing and handle it however they wish, that is fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]I'll run it and split up the holding $ with some other guys.

kurosh
11-28-2005, 12:32 PM
48k is a lot of money to entrust to one person.

Ulysses
11-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Chuddo,

I understand that it is easier for you that way. However, it is also the only way for you to decide to say "f this joint" and take off $50k richer. Not saying you would do that, but I've seen far more unlikely things happen over far less money.

I would be more in favor of something like all participants sending you $50 and you coordinating transfers (ML4L, send $700 to TBG and $800 to Zeebo) as rounds finish. This way, you would basically get a free buyin to the tourney, and $1500 seems to me like a nice chunk of change for organizing this. Maybe that's too much or too little, I dunno, others can comment on that, I was just throwing out a general idea.

Ulysses
11-28-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but in the off tiny chance someone did screw someone, that would kind of leave me F'd as well. so i am not going to risk myself being attached to someone else screwing someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man, be reasonable here. When TBG says "f all you guys, I am not transferring $1500 to anyone this was RIGGED MAN RIGGED" everyone gets paid 3% less. Nobody would be looking for you to make up that $1500, chuddo.

Yeti
11-28-2005, 12:37 PM
$1500 for organising this? Are you kidding? The kid sits at home all day in the hot tub as it is.

Anyway, if Diablo has time he is a more suitable 'name' that people would feel happy sending money too. Or, I'm also fine with everyone keeping hold of their money until the end then Chuddo co-ordinating the transfers. This is conditional on there being no idiots in the tourney who I don't trust.

ML4L
11-28-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll run it and split up the holding $

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant to say:

[ QUOTE ]
I'll run it, hold the $, and split

[/ QUOTE ]

ML4L

chuddo
yeah el D i understand the concerns pretty well.

i am not too interested in handling multiple x pay y and whatnot, as the headache and potential for someone getting shafted would not be worth it to me.

i would like to see this go off though, so whatever people feel most comfortable with works for me.

if zeebo and others want to take it over and split the prize pool holding amongst themselves, that is fine.

any chance of you yourself accepting all of the entrants buyin? i am sure everyone playing would definitely entrust holding and distributing at the end.

durrrr
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, man, be reasonable here. When TBG says "f all you guys, I am not transferring $1500 to anyone this was RIGGED MAN RIGGED" everyone gets paid 3% less. Nobody would be looking for you to make up that $1500, chuddo.

[/ QUOTE ]

There would still be some people whom money would need to be escrowed for. I could see some random saying "why do i need to send early... etc etc and then not being allowed in".
Trusting 5 different people w/ 10k is the best way to go imo. Also i think whoever does set this up deserves some change, as more and more problems are coming up (and not a measily 160$ lik i thought of earlier... thts when i thought it would run smooth). Maybe 1550 entry like you suggested; w/ 50$ goin to whoever sets this up.

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Everyone holding money till the end won't work. There will be no sense of urgency to play the matches if you haven't paid for the tournament yet.

durrrr
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I think we need some1 vouching for the other peoples parts. For now; decide if you are in the tourny or not. I'll personally come up w/ a way for holding the money (i want 4 known hi stakes players, and another known hi stakes player vouching for each person's share) in the next day or two. If we do the above, then 2 known hi stakes players must jump ship and create a lot of ill will towards themselves for only 12k. I am extremely confident this will not happen. So far there are 2 well known posters who would hold $$ whom i/azk can vouch for. PM me if you can assist in this.

Ulysses
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone holding money till the end won't work. There will be no sense of urgency to play the matches if you haven't paid for the tournament yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be addressed by making a rule that if you don't play by a certain date, your $1500 gets forfeited.

citanul
11-28-2005, 12:52 PM
1) i have to agree that the no rebuys til you're at 0 is not good. i don't think that someone who busts should be allowed to double rebuy to cover, but i think that not allowing a player to top off to a full buyin really does make this a lot more heads up sng-ish than desired.

2) i think that escrowing the money with several high end parties (and personally, i'd think that having all players, not just unknowns, have to escrow their buyins is fair and not exactly asking a whole lot as it takes seconds to make a transfer) is better than escrowing to 1 person or to 0 people. i think that the only way to do 0 escrows is to have this be a closed set tournament that only a few people can play, and that clearly kills a lot of the fun of it.

3) i don't know exactly what's going on with your prize idea. the original post by KKF was basically a bracket where at each step you come in with 3k. say that you chop this down to 1500, which is fine and reasonable, as is surrogate playing at lower stakes. the prize pool as you have it set up means that you have to win 2 rounds to cash, and that when you cash you don't even get a half buyin back. that's markedly different than the original proposal, where all people who win one round win money. not necessarilly horrible or anything, but yeah. with kkf's plan, a 32 player tournament would pay out like this (disregarding trophy fees):

16-9th: 1500
8th-5th: 3000
4th-3rd: 4500
2nd: 6000
1st 7500

this is clearly less exciting looking than your proposal, and less "tournament payout structure"ish, but i think that if you're going to have it be 2 rounds to get to the money, you should at least get your full buyin back when you get to the round of 8. just a thought. for instance you could make a 32 man tournament with a payout like this:

8th-5th: 2,000
4th: 5,000
3rd: 7,000
2nd: 10,000
1st: 18,000

4) i like the concept of having the last 3 matches have more bbs involved. that's cool.

5) i think that the invitational idea is cool, but that if you have a quick 64 people show up wanting to play you should consider making it a bigger tournament.

i'm sure there's other things i wanted to say in relation to replies that i've forgotten for now.

finally, i like the idea that this could be a semi-regularish kinda affair, and that this one should have a non-huge buyin as kinks are worked out of the system.

ps: if you want me to set all this stuff up, and people want to pay me $50 a head to cover an entrance, i'd do it in a heartbeat. hell, if everyone paid $50 to cover my buyin, i'd hook up the slickass trophy out of pocket.

citanul

The Truth
11-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Depending on dates I am in as well.

Why don't we just get Chuddo's address and phone number. That way if he dips we can just go beat him senseless /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got no problem with chuddo handling it though.

blake

citanul
11-28-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any chance of you yourself accepting all of the entrants buyin? i am sure everyone playing would definitely entrust holding and distributing at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

f no man. who trusts a guy who cheats at weboggle?

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be addressed by making a rule that if you don't play by a certain date, your $1500 gets forfeited.

[/ QUOTE ]Well I think some people might have a hard time paying $1500 if they didn't even play in the tournament. Just easier for everyone to wire 1500 to some people first imo

Gregg777
11-28-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i propose every1 sends chuddo 1505... he should get a little cheese for setting this up. Im gonna- just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been several cases where an organizer took a small percentage and was indicted on federal charges. (Usually office pools, but same concept.)

Stay away from the percentage and he is completely legal. If you want to slip him something that's cool, but don't make it public /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ulysses
11-28-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Well I think some people might have a hard time paying $1500 if they didn't even play in the tournament. Just easier for everyone to wire 1500 to some people first imo

[/ QUOTE ]

true, a lot of people are bitches.

citanul
11-28-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
true, a lot of people are bitches.

[/ QUOTE ]

and, as we're not pimps, we have to collect money from the bitches up front.

chuddo
11-28-2005, 01:15 PM
i realized that entrusting someone with money would be the biggest hurdle in getting this thing off and running smoothly.

i had hoped that after a number of well-known and respected posters had registered, everyone else would trust as well and things would get going. clearly not the case.

i had just assumed people had the same view as i do with trust on an issue like this: that being i would trust a ton of different posters on this forum with my money, but in the event of getting shafted i would F their world up.

clearly things not going to be as smooth as i hoped, so i welcome anyone else to run things in any matter they see appropriate.

good luck, and i hope someone or group gets this running.

as an aside if anyone wants a quick working HU on ultimateBet .25-.50NL i am sitting at table Toluca. free lessons donkeys.

fsuplayer
11-28-2005, 01:16 PM
im in. and agree with diablo on all the points in this thread.

if you want a few escrow guys, i could be one of them.

chuddo-

thanks for setting this all up.

thabadguy
11-28-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!!

thabadguy
11-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Ill play u HU right now on stars if u want chuddo

Matt Flynn
11-28-2005, 01:52 PM
No need to get mad chuddo, the requests for different escrow are all reasonable and just business. In this game, friends sometimes don't pay you back, so why would anyone trust someone they do not know?

Any reason you can't run the tournament / trophy and have someone else handle escrow?

Also, fyi to everyone else, I do not want to hold the money. It is a simple matter to send to a lawyer though. Or if Diablo will do it that's easiest.

Yeti
11-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Just let Diablo do it. If he f's with us it shouldn't be too hard to track him down. I hear he's usually in LA, NYC, or London.

BobboFitos
11-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Im removing my name from the roster, I decided 1500 isn't worth it, esp. with a chance the escrow could leave us fvcked.

If we need spots orlower it to 1k I'll put my name back up for registration.

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 02:06 PM
haha Diablo gave no sign of wanting to do it. I can do it

Yeti
11-28-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
haha Diablo gave no sign of wanting to do it. I can do it

[/ QUOTE ]

People trust Diablo.

Matt Flynn
11-28-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just let Diablo do it. If he f's with us it shouldn't be too hard to track him down. I hear he's usually in LA, NYC, or London.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet never actually doing any work. Gotta admire that.

Fear not, for Boris will just eat him after JA Sucker drinks him near to the grave if there are any shenanigans. In fact with video it would be much more fun with shenanigans. I am now pulling for shenanigans.

HoldEmKillah
11-28-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm in. I just need to know when it is. It's not like I'm available 24/7 (although my wife thinks so).

Ulysses
11-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeti, fsuplayer, AZK, durrr, zeebo, tbg, ML4L, strassa - those are just a few names off the top of my head that I'd have no problem escrowing 10k. I personally have no desire to escrow any money or keep track of anything. holla.

Matt Flynn
11-28-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeti, fsuplayer, AZK, durrr, zeebo, tbg, ML4L, strassa - those are just a few names off the top of my head that I'd have no problem escrowing 10k. I personally have no desire to escrow any money or keep track of anything. holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suck it up, take the money, and do something wrong so we can get video. Time to take one for the team here.

THATWACOKID
11-28-2005, 02:21 PM
if there are still spots open i am in

11-28-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No need to get mad chuddo, the requests for different escrow are all reasonable and just business. In this game, friends sometimes don't pay you back, so why would anyone trust someone they do not know?

Any reason you can't run the tournament / trophy and have someone else handle escrow?

Also, fyi to everyone else, I do not want to hold the money. It is a simple matter to send to a lawyer though. Or if Diablo will do it that's easiest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, we all know where diablo lives in case of any funny business...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/sleepboxer/winemap.jpg

Edit: But he's lazy, holla.

Popinjay
11-28-2005, 02:30 PM
chuddo FWIW I would have trusted you

fsuplayer
11-28-2005, 02:30 PM
lmao

AZK
11-28-2005, 02:33 PM
We could get tentative brackets together with "regions" or what not, where 1 person will be responsible for holding that region's cash? Good idea/bad idea?

tdarko
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
when does this start and what times of the day will it run?

theBruiser500
11-28-2005, 02:44 PM
i want to play too please

11-28-2005, 02:46 PM
It would be cool if someone could do a movie of the most interesting HU games. If one of the competitors would do it even better.

citanul
11-28-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i want to play too please

[/ QUOTE ]

y'all people need to learn to read instructions.

the man said to PM him.

c

VanVeen
11-28-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In order to register, you need to post in this thread that you are registering,

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul
11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
lame. being wrong sucks. now i learn how the other half lives.

tdarko
11-28-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
being wrong sucks. now i learn how the other half lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
half? you may be giving too much credit there.

bugstud
11-28-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

breaking it up into 6k chunks seems most appropiate

Yeti
11-28-2005, 03:35 PM
IMO 8 people is too much hassle. Most of the people on that list probably don't want to waste time f f'ing about with this.

I like AZKs idea. Set the matchups. Nominate 1 person from each quarter to hold 12k each.

Personally I really have no problem with 1 or 2 people holding it all. Have some faith, guys.

James282
11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO 8 people is too much hassle. Most of the people on that list probably don't want to waste time f f'ing about with this.

I like AZKs idea. Set the matchups. Nominate 1 person from each quarter to hold 12k each.

Personally I really have no problem with 1 or 2 people holding it all. Have some faith, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to play because I am going to be doing a lot of traveling, but I'd feel comfortable holding any of the escrow money as well. A fair number of you know me personally and it might make people feel more secure if the money is held by someone who has no material interest in the tournament itself.
-James

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
hey here's a list of people I got going so far, chuddo or anyone want to correct this?

flawless victory
durrr
vanveen
chuddo
captZEEbo
turnipmonster?
AceHiStation
stoxtrader
Yeti
El Diablo
the truth
fsuplayer
matt flynn
HoldEmKillah
THATWACOKID
AZK
bruiser
thebadguy
FoxwoodsFiend
whitelime?
neon?
edge?
TxRedMan?
donbuttons?
KKF?
Larry David?
1800gambler?
etizzle
cwl
jablue

BirdieLongSocks?
smock8?
ezratei?

etizzle
11-28-2005, 03:50 PM
me too

citanul
11-28-2005, 03:56 PM
for now at least, i'm a non-combattant. i'm going to be travelling a lot in the near future and would prefer to know where i'm going to be when before making a commitment like this. i'm mostly just an events organization junky.

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 04:02 PM
hey another idea, I was just playing on the .25/.5 NL UB tables and rake is really steep there. I recommend we play at stars .01/.02 NL HU tables where there's 0 rake. Obviously the money is not the issue, but this is like a tournament so I don't want to lose a ton of BB's to rake.

JaBlue
11-28-2005, 04:05 PM
I would like to play if there is a spot for me. Let me know, Chuddo - I just sent you a PM. Also I think 5th-8th payouts are wierd. I would suggest either eliminating or raising them so people at least get their buy-ins back (or buy-in minus the 150s they won

AZK
11-28-2005, 04:19 PM
see if gab wants to play, tdomeski might want to play

edit: I'm sure strassa wants in too.

edit2: don't forget about duck.

Prevaricator
11-28-2005, 04:32 PM
i want to be in too if its not too late

citanul
11-28-2005, 04:36 PM
you might want to check with sheets and zee as well? i dunno. maybe rojosox. i dunno, i had a few good names before that i'm blanking on.

Benal
11-28-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey another idea, I was just playing on the .25/.5 NL UB tables and rake is really steep there. I recommend we play at stars .01/.02 NL HU tables where there's 0 rake. Obviously the money is not the issue, but this is like a tournament so I don't want to lose a ton of BB's to rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about the rake. I'd consider playing if this was on Stars.

DonButtons
11-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes, Im a forsure "in". I have no problem sending my $1500 to captzeebo.

I also want to play el diablo, b/c I was tricked into playing him HU when I first started on PP, and got whooped. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

coltrane
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
1. I'm in
2. I too think the money should just be transferred in chunks
3. maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if you guys realize how long it could take to play a 300-500BB HU match.....I remember last year we were at the Wynn, and Matt played some dude HU for like $6k each and they jacked the blinds up to like 25/50 and it still took like 4-5 hours of them battling before they decided to just quit.....

BobboFitos
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Matt played some dude HU for like $6k each and they jacked the blinds up to like 25/50 and it still took like 4-5 hours of them battling before they decided to just quit.....

[/ QUOTE ]

he just needed to get out of the kiddie pool and start making some moves

citanul
11-28-2005, 04:54 PM
1) it's ok that it takes a while, there's a significant amount of money at stake.
2) hands get dealt real fast in the interweb
3) there's nothing saying they have to play all in one session
4) meh, i think that people who want to do this are fine with giving up some time in order to have quite a bit of fun doing it.

IHateCats
11-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Only problem with the story in point #3 is that the Wynn opened in April of this year which makes playing there HU or otherwise last year sort of like impossible.

citanul
11-28-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only problem with the story in point #3 is that the Wynn opened in April of this year which makes playing there HU or otherwise last year sort of like impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the most idiotic post ever.

are you actually thinking he made up a trip to the wynn where his friend played some dude hu for 6k or so and upped the blinds to 25/50 and still the match took forever before they quit? or are you just being an absolute dick and nitpicking his sense of time? i'm thinking the latter, as the former would be incredibly, incredibly stupid.

TheWorstPlayer
11-28-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously haven't been here too long.

citanul
11-28-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true, i guess it's passed up by things that say things like:

OK, this story is totally not made up or anything bot LOLLERSKATES i lost like $1 million this weekend! and OMG ROFLECOPTER BAD BEETZ OMG!

OK, i was lying i made it all up.

but really, the above post pisses me off more.

JaBlue
11-28-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true, i guess it's passed up by things that say things like:

OK, this story is totally not made up or anything bot LOLLERSKATES i lost like $1 million this weekend! and OMG ROFLECOPTER BAD BEETZ OMG!

OK, i was lying i made it all up.

but really, the above post pisses me off more.

[/ QUOTE ]

you forgot the LOLLERCAUST

citanul
11-28-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you forgot the LOLLERCAUST

[/ QUOTE ]

was that the part with the pink shoelaces?

IHateCats
11-28-2005, 05:25 PM
So just exactly how often do you polish your framed honors degree in Drama Queen theatrics? Or was it the Mat Sklansky seminar in moderator hysterics &amp; not the Drama Queen degree that induced this silly outburst? I made a 1 sentence post pointing out an obvious factual inaccuracy, get over yourself.

citanul
11-28-2005, 05:29 PM
so your post's whole point was that the poster had mis-remembered or mis-typed his memory of when this event took place? heaven forfend. my post's whole point was that your post was worthless and well, worthless. i'm gonna drop this issue now as hijacking isn't my thing.

mikech
11-28-2005, 05:30 PM
i think citanul and ihatecats should be a 1st round matchup.

cyberSTACK
11-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I would like to play in the tourney. Let me know if there will be room.

Thanks.

xorbie
11-28-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the SSNL attempted a failed HU tournament, but I can tell you rake did start to become something of a factor. i think i won one match ($2.00 each to start) and ended up with only like $3.70

AJo Go All In
11-28-2005, 05:40 PM
ok me too, depending on time frame.

captZEEbo1
11-28-2005, 05:52 PM
okay here's my current list:

raptor517
flawless victory
durrr
vanveen
chuddo
captZEEbo
AceHiStation
stoxtrader
Yeti
El Diablo
the truth
fsuplayer
matt flynn
HoldEmKillah
THATWACOKID
AZK
bruiser
thebadguy
FoxwoodsFiend
etizzle
cwl
jablue
Prevaricator
donbuttons
coltrane
cyberSTACK
jcmoussa
AJo GO All In

people down here expressed interest
BirdieLongSocks?
smock8?
ezratei?
whitelime?
neon?
edge?
TxRedMan?
KKF?
Larry David?
1800gambler?
turnipmonster?
duck?

Everyone start wiring me $1500 stat and we can get this thing going asap. I'm captZEEbo on stars and captZEEbo (greg) UB if you want to transfer there. PM me if you can't do it on one of the two.

RikaKazak
11-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Why not talk to ultimate bet and have them hold the money? I'm sure they would be willing to.

raptor517
11-28-2005, 05:56 PM
im in, but the way chuddo has this payout structure set up is just completely terrible. its ridiculous to ever get a partial buyin back. thats like getting slapped in the face. win 2 matches, then get 700. yay.

as far as trust issues go, apparently i have no concept of money and would ship off 1500 to about 2093850328523 different people that i talk to on aim or 2+2. so however yall wanna handle that is fine with me.

ummm, yea ok thats all i got, just fix the prize pool. citanul's payout is decent, and i like it a ton better than the first one proposed. this is gonna be fun /images/graemlins/wink.gif. holla

JMP300z
11-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Rake is definately a factor, it will drain your stacks pretty quickly. ALthough not playing, i suggest using the stars .01/.02 c or contacting a site for a special break or fee. Seriously.

-JP

citanul
11-28-2005, 06:02 PM
er, cough, are there no sites that have play money hu nl?

c

edge
11-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Why not just go for play money for the real matches? It's not like the $150 makes or breaks anyone's roll.

I still haven't decided if I'm in. I have to check if I can afford losing 1500 right now.

thabadguy
11-28-2005, 06:11 PM
I have a question, It is nearing the end of the semester, which in other words means crunch time...i might not be able to play... but i would really like to
Would it be possible for me to get a refund if i am unable to play...
Another alternative would be to hold this in january.

Gregg777
11-28-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked and UB does.

citanul
11-28-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked and UB does.

[/ QUOTE ]

next step is checking hte rebuy conditions or ability to get enough chips to play a 3 buyin game on said tables. keep goin.

c

Gregg777
11-28-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
next step is checking hte rebuy conditions or ability to get enough chips to play a 3 buyin game on said tables. keep goin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never used play money so I am not familiar with it.

Maybe some of the high stakes players could email UB and ask them if a list of users could get 5,000 points added to their play accounts?

TylerD
11-28-2005, 06:28 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but couldn't you get PokerStars to hold the money for you?

Apathy
11-28-2005, 06:31 PM
I want in.

Apathy
11-28-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read the whole thread, but couldn't you get PokerStars to hold the money for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely since it is being played on UB.

Matt Flynn
11-28-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. I'm in
3. maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if you guys realize how long it could take to play a 300-500BB HU match.....I remember last year we were at the Wynn, and Matt played some dude HU for $6k each and they jacked the blinds up to like 25/50 and it still took like 4-5 hours of them battling before they decided to just quit.....

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite was when I potted the AKQJT no flush board and he folded. I got caught twice with good against huge and then had to battle back repeatedly. Sigh.

IHateCats
11-28-2005, 06:34 PM
None of the websites have proven to be particularly helpful in organizing games outside of their usual formats, see the attempts to organize a deepstack game recently for more details, Chuddo is doing the logical thing and organizing things around what the websites already have setup and working.

ML4L
11-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey all,

Not to belittle the effort of chuddo et al., but this thing seems to be going nowhere fast. So, let me step in with a new proposal that incorporates some of the ideas tossed around in this thread:

Bracket Structure

There is no way that we are going to get exactly 32 people, so in order to keep from having to turn too many people away, I propose a two-tier buy-in system. People who want to buy-in for $2,000 get a first round "bye," while other people who buy-in for $1,000 participate in play-in games. So, if we have 40 people interested, 24 people put up $2,000, 16 people put up $1,000, with 8 of those 16 people advancing to the round of 32 (24 + 8 = 32). From that point, it plays like a normal single elimination tournament. This will also let some good players participate if they don't want to pony up a full buy-in.

Payout

The payout will be incremental as proposed by KKF. So, if we have 40 people:

17-40: lose buy-in
9-16: break even
5-8: win $2,000
3-4: win $4,000
2: win $6,000
1: win $10,000

It seems like people prefer KKF's original flat payout structure to the top-heavy structure proposed by chuddo. Also, this eliminates the need for any of the escrowing that has people worried; people just settle up $2,000 at a time after each match.

Match Structure

Matches will take place on Stars .01/.02 HU tables (if such a thing exists; I didn't know about them until this thread). This has two benefits. First, no rake. Second, the rebuy trick on Stars will let the match play deeper.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE ONLY POINT OPEN TO SUGGESTION: Each player starts with 200 BB and MUST reload once falling below 100 BB. First player to win 300 BB from his opponent is the winner. Note that such a match is not a freezeout.

If HU tables do not exist, we could even just "take over" a full .01/.02 table and have the seven 2+2 observers just sit out. Possibly difficult, but doable.

Organizer

I will organize and run the above tournament for $50 per player (edit: this was the figure quoted elsewhere in this thread as a reasonable fee).

ML4L

Apathy
11-28-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. I'm in
3. maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if you guys realize how long it could take to play a 300-500BB HU match.....I remember last year we were at the Wynn, and Matt played some dude HU for $6k each and they jacked the blinds up to like 25/50 and it still took like 4-5 hours of them battling before they decided to just quit.....

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite was when I potted the AKQJT no flush board and he folded. I got caught twice with good against huge and then had to battle back repeatedly. Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also much prefer to play a 100bb match instead, I have another question though, is the rake at 50NL a factor in eating up the stacks you are playing with?

whitelime
11-28-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm in.

chuddo
11-28-2005, 06:39 PM
to those that PM'd me and others that are interested:

i am no longer going to be in charge of setting this up and running it. i was afraid it would be a pain with getting the money escrowed properly, and that turned out to be the case. some people are not as trusting as i myself am.

however there has clearly been a large amount of support for this type of tourney to go down, so there will always be enough players to fill 32 spots, providing someone gets the logistics worked out sufficient to everyone interested.

i hope someone or a group does come through with wanting to deal with everything, as it should be a good time and interesting to sweat all the matches as the tourney progresses.

in the event no one else manages to get everything running and it all falls through, then in about two weeks i will make the same proposal, and those that still want to play and entrust me with handling everything can at that time. will be at least 16 people in that, and hopefully again 32.

*a note to the issue of rake cutting into all of the BB's in play: this can be resolved by simply upping the amount of BB's that can be rebought in for. instead of say 300, it can be 340, to make effective proper stacks post-rake.

Matt Flynn
11-28-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I will organize and run the above tournament for $50 per player.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you providing the beer?

Ghazban
11-28-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If HU tables do not exist, we could even just "take over" a full .01/.02 table and have the seven 2+2 observers just sit out. Possibly difficult, but doable.

[/ QUOTE ]

We tried doing this for the SSNL one but the blinds do not end up in the right place at the full tables even if all but 2 people are sitting out.

Also, the .01/.02 NL on Stars does have rake if the pot is over some threshold ($1 maybe?) so its not totally free. On the plus side, you can buy in for 250BB on those tables so there's less hassle with the rebuys. On the minus side, it can be a real pain in the ass to get both participants on the table at once as there are a limited number of tables and they're often all full during prime time.

If you do it on UB, the problem will be that nobody participating has probably ever used their play money and you only get 1000 play money chips when you sign up so 300BB are not available.

I am both too poor and too sucky to participate but thought you might as well learn from the failed version SSNL tried to have.

Prevaricator
11-28-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this is the way to go. I hate playing at tables where you have to type the decimal before every bet.

whitelime
11-28-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like people prefer KKF's original flat payout structure to the top-heavy structure proposed by chuddo. Also, this eliminates the need for any of the escrowing that has people worried; people just settle up $2,000 at a time after each match.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent suggestion. Also, I think we should definitely use the .01/.02 NL tables on Stars. These would have two benefits.

1) There is no rake.

2) You are allowed to buy-in for $5 (250BBs). We can then either allow a 50BB rebuy each or just limit the matches to the 250BBs.

Using the .25/.50 NL tables on UB is just silly as they have offer no advantage over the Stars tables, there are less of them, and you can only buy-in for 100BBs.

ML4L
11-28-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I will organize and run the above tournament for $50 per player.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you providing the beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm happy to buy a couple rounds at the WSOP next year...

The $50 per person was the figure quoted elsewhere in the thread.

Mike

chuddo
11-28-2005, 06:54 PM
yeah the stars tables would work better for those reasons.

i only chose to avoid them because it is a huge pain to get seated at them. i have tried to screw around with friends on there, and there are 5 tables that are almost always full. with waiting lists. and with people sitting out at the tables that do not get kicked off the table for like 15 mins.

the no rake/ buyin for 250 is more attractive, but be prepared to get frustrated at getting seated.

raptor517
11-28-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent suggestion. Also, I think we should definitely use the .01/.02 NL tables on Stars. These would have two benefits.

1) There is no rake.

2) You are allowed to buy-in for $5 (250BBs). We can then either allow a 50BB rebuy each or just limit the matches to the 250BBs.

Using the .25/.50 NL tables on UB is just silly as they have offer no advantage over the Stars tables, there are less of them, and you can only buy-in for 100BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i say buy in for 5 bucks, and just limit it to 250. makes things a ton easier. holla

Fallen Hero
11-28-2005, 06:57 PM
it's very very hard to get a .01/.02 hu table, they're full most of the time since ps only has 5 of them. As I write this, every table as 3/4 guys waiting

AZK
11-28-2005, 06:58 PM
The stars .01/.02 is a good idea especially with the 250 max bb buyin. We should jsut have one buyin 250 max and this will prevent any confusion as to how many times someone can rebuy, when they can rebuy, etc...

AZK
11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Added thoughts that have already been discussed:

Each round shoudl be a week, so that the two people can pick a time that is convenient for both to play their hu match. So if we have 32+ people I could see this thing taking weeks to complete.

I still stand by the idea of 'regions' and one person escrowing all money, but that's up to everyone.

How did they set up the HULA tournies we should just mimick their set up.

raptor517
11-28-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's very very hard to get a .01/.02 hu table, they're full most of the time since ps only has 5 of them. As I write this, every table as 3/4 guys waiting

[/ QUOTE ]

i would imagine if we contacted stars they would help us set something up. also, if we REALLY need to, we can kinda take over one of the stars tables, and just sit out or whatever. i suppose that could work. holla

TheWorstPlayer
11-28-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would imagine if we contacted stars they would help us set something up. also, if we REALLY need to, we can kinda take over one of the stars tables, and just sit out or whatever. i suppose that could work. holla

[/ QUOTE ]
These have both been addressed previously in this thread. Both are not likely to be good solutions. Stars is a big pain in the ass. You cannot get tables. It sucked for the SSNL one (which apparently died? I'm not sure.) Best solution is UB play money for sure or UB real money second best. Another problem with the Stars tables was also mentioned. Someone lost a match because they left out the zero and bet 80c instead of 8c or whatever. That would really really suck for over a grand.

Ulysses
11-28-2005, 08:13 PM
decimal points in bets suck! holla!

Marnixvdb
11-28-2005, 08:30 PM
at the stars .01/.02 you could also pull the rebuy trick to get your stack up to any amount of bb you wish.

it can be very tough to get the seats though, and there is rake in ther 'big' pots

Marnix

rwperu34
11-28-2005, 08:44 PM
The correct price to run this tournamnet is $0. Thanks and appreciation should be enough. Treat this like you would a home card game for your friends.

With regards to the holding the money, I think Zee/Malmuth would be the best choise. If they can't/won't, then I think it has to be El Diablo. More important than the resect he garners, he seems to have had the most face to face interaction with a wide group of posters. If he were to disappear, I think he would be the easiest to track down and "persuade" to give us our money.

The best way to get this thing going will be to focus on the issues one at a time. Each issue should have it's own thread. Unless you figure out who is going to hold the money and how are people going to get it to/from him/her, this thing will never happen, so start there.

raptor517
11-28-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
decimal points in bets suck! holla!

[/ QUOTE ]

hm. yea. i agree. would be nice if we could do the play money thing that conveniently has 5-10 blinds or something and lets u buyin for 3000 chips. somehow i dont think thats gonna happen tho. holla

FoxwoodsFiend
11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
First off, I am definitely in. As for making the tournament work, I think I figured out the best way to take care of the money.

I think it's obvious that we should split the money up among 8 different people. I know that some, like El Diablo, don't want to hold the money but somebody's going to have to be inconvenienced if we're going to get around the issue of not trusting anyone with 48K. Here are my suggestions (in no particular order):
1) Capt. Zeebo
2) James282
3) Strassa
4) AJo Go All In
5) Yeti
6) AZK
7) FSUPlayer
8) ML4L

Please respond to this post if you are on the list to indicate your willingness and please keep in mind that somebody has to do this.

After I figure out how many people we have managing some money, I'll private message other posters until we have enough. The "back-up" list will include:
1) El Diablo
2) Matt Flynn
3) KaneKungFu123
4) TheBruiser500
5) Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr
6) fslexduck
7) Aggie
8) Thabadguy
9) Myself

fsuplayer
11-28-2005, 09:04 PM
im game to hold some cash.

Gregg777
11-28-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will organize and run the above tournament for $50 per player (edit: this was the figure quoted elsewhere in this thread as a reasonable fee).

[/ QUOTE ]

Below is a general legal explanation regarding percentages.

Home poker tournaments and office sports pools are allowed under a “social gambling” exception under state law. For an activity to be considered “social gambling,” all participants must have a “bona fide social relationship,” meaning that they have an established social relationship based upon some other common interest other than the gambling activity, and no one other than the participants can profit from the game or activity in any manner, such as taking part of the pot in a poker game or a sports pool to be compensated for organizing the activity.

11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
In if there is still room

coltrane
11-28-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no the Wynn's been open for years - but only for a select few friends of Steve....guess you didn't know that....

PS - if I send you a list of some ex-girlfriends, could you tell me the chronological order I dated them in?...would really be helpful....

AZK
11-28-2005, 10:01 PM
nh

theBruiser500
11-28-2005, 11:27 PM
if someone has to hold the money, i want ray zee to guard mine

Phaedrus
11-28-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So if we have 32+ people I could see this thing taking weeks to complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

I organized a 9 player chess tournament at my local chess club, first time we've attempted it. Everyone plays everyone else 2 games, one hour each. The tournament would ideally take 8 weeks with everyone playing one match per week.

We've just passed week 16 and we are almost finished, 4 more weeks should do all but the last couple straggling matches which will probably be deemed a tie. People are never available at the same time. People quit, people want to join late, etc. etc.

My point is that 32 people is way too many as a first effort.

My advice is as follows: have a tournament with no more than 8 people, the 8 most respected, well known, etc.

In fact before doing that 2 guys should sit down and have a trial match to see what # of bb's etc on which site works best.

Once that is a raving success, take what you've learned and have another tournament with 16 say. Build on success.

FWIW

tdomeski
11-29-2005, 12:01 AM
depends on time frame, and the set up of the thing...I'm unavailable to play online from dec. 18 - end of PCA (Jan. 11th), so I doubt I could play.

11-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah the rake at 50NL in proportion to the stack will definately munch on the stacks.

cwsiggy
11-29-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm obviously just a spectator, but why not e-mail Perry Friedman at Full Tilt. He set up a Horse tourney due to demand. They might be able to set something up for you in the private tourney section - with the blinds and buy ins at the levels you specify. Just a thought.

KaneKungFu123
11-29-2005, 02:17 AM
in

neon
11-29-2005, 03:09 AM
In.

AZK
11-29-2005, 03:23 AM
neon where the f have you been. you feel off the map.

Ulysses
11-29-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
neon where the f have you been. you feel off the map.

[/ QUOTE ]

neon has been dodging me HU at UB. holla. BTW, i tried to hit and run him today, but he hit and run himself by folding his SB to me then sitting out! HOLLA!!!!!!

Edited to add: He has also been making big 3rd pair calls for big money. Very nice A7 v A5 hand, neon! (not against me, of course! holla!)

tdomeski
11-29-2005, 05:03 AM
Half the thread is going into the direction of zeebo ($1500 each person), half the thread is going into the direction of ML4L ($1000,$2000 buy ins). What's the plan to get this thing going in one direction?

chuddo
11-29-2005, 05:12 AM
i tried to get it all going in one direction tdome, but el D thwarted my plans to skit off with the 48k, undergo facial reconstruction surgery, and move to new zealand to live like a king among koalas.

but yeah, someone needs to get on the ball.

turnipmonster
11-29-2005, 11:40 AM
I am probably in depending on when this is all going down. I agree with full tilt, perry friedman is a good guy and would probably work with us.

citanul
11-29-2005, 12:02 PM
i'll organize everything for free if people want. this includes lining up people to triage the money, setting brackets or whatever format we want, for instance double elimination, notifying people, and results reporting type stuff. if you want i can also discuss with the person who arranged the STT heads up championships calcutta and sidebets site for him to set one up for this as well. all i would require first is:

1) deciding on a site to play at
2) deciding on a buyin
3) deciding on a structure

citanul

RollaJ
11-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Its a little pricey for me since I dont play too much HU, but I will offer one great suggestion. Play it on TruePoker. I am 100% sure they will work with you on everything including holding the money and capping the rake with perhaps just a $25-50 entry fee... they also may throw in the trophies....who knows. Either way transfers will be easier, and piece of mind is worth a lot.

Matt Flynn
11-29-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its a little pricey for me since I dont play too much HU, but I will offer one great suggestion. Play it on TruePoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good.

FoxwoodsFiend
11-29-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll organize everything for free if people want. this includes lining up people to triage the money, setting brackets or whatever format we want, for instance double elimination, notifying people, and results reporting type stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a status update-I am very close to having 8 people lined up to take care of money once the entrants and price are set. But your help is definitely needed in terms of coordinating who needs to do what. I'll make an announcement once the money issue is taken care of and then maybe we can move onto figuring out other logistical issues

citanul
11-29-2005, 02:35 PM
sure, i'm gonna be done posting here since i have no interest in participating, but PM me with anything you need or want me to do.

c