PDA

View Full Version : Currency Exchange Idea

Card08
11-28-2005, 10:24 AM
I know it is a relatively small matter to consider when clearing a bonus; however, I thought about the matter of converting monies after I cleared the William Hill 25 pound bonus. Would it be worth it to clear this bonus during a time of the month when the pound is marginally higher? Does the subsequent depreciation of the dollar relative to the pound diminish any gain you could net from this?

Just consider:
1.71*25=$42.75
1.76*25=$44

Probably pointless to consider, unless you only needed to decide when to knock of the last half hour of a bonus or the last 20 or so raked hands at Littlewoods or something. Perhaps this would be something to take into account when doing a larger bonus where currency conversion was involved, or am I full of it and missing something?

Sniper
11-28-2005, 12:07 PM
What method would you use to determine in advance when during the month the exchange rate would be most favorable???

Crystal Ball?

fluff
11-28-2005, 02:10 PM
LOL!

If you can determine what the exchange rate is going to be, there is WAAAAY more money to be made in the currency market than a measly GBP 25 bonus.

11-28-2005, 02:22 PM
But fortune telling is such a respectable business...

11-28-2005, 03:09 PM
it doesnt really matter when you transfer money cos the merchant (Neteller, Visa etc) will just screw u anyway

Card08
11-28-2005, 03:17 PM
I figured it was a pointless exercise, more luck-based than anything else.

Benoit
11-29-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it doesnt really matter when you transfer money cos the merchant (Neteller, Visa etc) will just screw u anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that? I've just been doing electronic transfers on neteller and I've had no fees at all. The only catch is it has to be at least 20 bucks.

ChuckyB
12-03-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that? I've just been doing electronic transfers on neteller and I've had no fees at all. The only catch is it has to be at least 20 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't SEEN any, but each conversion you've been getting dinged just under 2% for their conversion spread.

timmer
12-04-2005, 10:21 AM
Listen D00d if you dont need it dont clear it . the pound is at a pretty major low right now.

I dont have my trading platform open right now so I cant tell you exactly how major or how low. but I do Know some institutional currency traders have predicted good longs comming so You might want to keep it in there for awhile longer .

I will repost later today when the 4X is trading (11 AM PST.)

timmer

timmer
12-04-2005, 10:23 AM
DMI AMX stoc and fib indicators on a daily interval.

they are almost 100% correct with in a few 100 pips

timmer