PDA

View Full Version : AK, funny action.

BigEndian
11-28-2005, 09:49 AM
I'd been at this table for only 30 or so hands. The table is a little looser that a typical EST AM table and it has some great seats (though not involved in this hand). The CO is a pretty tight player.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: BigEndian is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, BigEndian calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BigEndian 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>

- Jim

sfer
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
It's close, but I slightly prefer raising. Your action looks odd enough to be read as a hand other than an Ace and willing to fold.

BoxLiquid
11-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Can I ask why you called the flop then came alive after CO raised?

If you raised the flop you possibly could've knocked out CO and have position through the rest of the hand.

BigEndian
11-28-2005, 10:56 AM
The plan was to put in a raise on the turn. When it was raised behind me, I changed my mind and went for value.

- Jim

BigEndian
11-28-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't follow Dave. I thought my action looked like a probable slow-played set of aces which is why I was baffled by being bet into on an innocent looking card.

- Jim

sfer
11-28-2005, 11:02 AM
To you or I or anyone on this forum we view the call/3-bet as a flush draw or set always. I don't think others think that, and I'm constantly amazed how often I still get to go 3 turn bets after I call/cap a flop with bottom set. So, barring a read on the BB, I think people generally put you on air. Wouldn't he checkraise a draw completing card there? I think a 1 card OESD is a likely donkbet hand.

MattiasL
11-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Do you have a read on BB? I have a hard time seeing what kind of hand he has. If he has a set or straight I would expect him going for the c/r the vast majority of the time. If I had to guess I think this is the flush draw or some strange two pair.

I might just call, but CO/UTG+1 would then get about even odds to draw to a three-outer, which is annoying. If anyone of them has more than three outs (eg pair + gutshot), we really want them out.

If we can fold to a threebet from BB, a turn raise seems like a good alternative even if the river action can then become difficult (do we call a river bet?). But we do not want to fold the turn against just two pair or a funny semi bluff in this big pot, so it is dangerous against an unknown.

I am not really liking either alternative here, but I think without reads I would probably just call. If CO/UTG+1 has a single ace or PP (most probable) this does not cost us much/any equity against them even if they call. And getting to see BBs hand for information has some value.