PDA

View Full Version : 3 final tables, 3 1st places

betgo
11-28-2005, 08:24 AM
In the last 10 days, 1 have made 3 final tables, and won all 3 tournaments, all in fairly small buyin events I was multitabling. These were in NLHE and limit high Omaha tournaments on Stars and a PLO tournament on Paradise.

Some of this is variance, but it seems a little odd. I don't mean to brag, and it is not a super accomplishment.
I guess this is the way you want it to work, as the money is in the top prizes.

I think part of it is that I was playing for the top prizes. A lot of people play cautiously or for place with less than 50 players left, and I was taking advantage of that.

In all cases I wasn't a huge stack early on, but I came to the final table with atleast an average stack. In the limit Omaha tournament, I was the leader going into the final table.

In the PLO tournament, I was in last place for about 30 minutes in the tournmant. With 40 players left I had 5xBB and the next player had 10xBB. I was waiting for big hands to raise or reraise with or chances to open raise with strong hands. That approach worked.

In all cases, my chip position at the final table didn't change a lot until it got 4 handed or less. I think I play better short handed than most people in this level of tournament. Particularly, people didn't seem to know how to play Omaha short handed. In most limit Omaha cash games, and for most of the tournament, the play is loose, and you just play if you have something and fold if you don't. That was how my opponents were playing short handed in that tournament, but also in the others. I was stealing the pots where no one hit, and they were paying me off big when I made a big hand. They were playing looser short handed, but not aggressively enough.

Solami17
11-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Congratulations on your accomplishment, but what were the buy-ins/prize pool/amount won from each of these tournaments. Also, how many players would be nice too