PDA

View Full Version : 88 - Three Questions

deception5
11-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Hi all, villian here was unknown when I played this hand, seemed slightly loose and aggressive.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ...

I usually bet the turn fold to a river bet or turn check/raise.

Question 1: Do you call a river bet on a river blank after betting the turn with the 2 draws out there?

I have occasionally been c/r'd here by pocket pairs or even ace high. Assume I have been getting check/raised a lot on the turn at this table and decide to check the turn call most rivers to avoid folding the best hand.

Question 2: Should I abandon my plan if villian bets and the river is a Q?

Question 3: Do you fold the river when it's the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif?

LoaferGee12
11-28-2005, 03:11 AM
FWIW, I like betting this turn and folding to a raise. Way too many draws out there. If the guy is very aggressive or the board is more ragged, then I like checking through the turn and calling 1 on the river.

Question 1: I'm calling a river brick that is below a 9. It just looks too much like a missed draw / last attempt to take the pot.

Question 2: Yeah, folding the Q here. Hits a lot of his drawing hands, one way or another.

Question 3: Same as above, even more so.

ArturiusX
11-28-2005, 04:22 AM
Yep, bet/fold is the best line here.

11-28-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, bet/fold is the best line here.

[/ QUOTE ]

POKhER
11-28-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Question 1: Do you call a river bet on a river blank after betting the turn with the 2 draws out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

If i check the turn i'm calling a river bet due to so many lame bluffs (ACE high, K6 for 2 pair etc).

[ QUOTE ]

Question 2: Should I abandon my plan if villian bets and the river is a Q?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can let this go if he bets a queen on the river yes.

[ QUOTE ]

Question 3: Do you fold the river when it's the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he bets, Yes.

P.s. Now show us the T/R action /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hemstock
11-28-2005, 07:22 AM
Bet and let that be the last money you put in this pot.