PDA

View Full Version : Oh how badly I played this hand.

SparrowHawk
11-28-2005, 02:55 AM
I have AKd . Raised preflop to 15. player goes all in for 45, button calls, SB call, BB call, I call. 225 in the pot.

Right here I could have pushed all in for my remaining 210. My thoughts were that I only have AK. I could be up against a made hand and would probably be called and then up against a 50/50. I choose to just call.

I hit my K with a rainbow flop K 10 7. Player checks. Villian bets 55 from the small blind. BB folds. I think about what he has and put him on a weaker king…so I chose to just call. DAH.....Button folds. My thought was that if a rag turns…I push all in. I SHOULD HAVE RAISED. This would have given me control of the hand and slowed villian down. Plus it would have been costly for the button to call. But I was thinking about having villian get his stack in so I wanted him to think I was on jq draw or weak King. Bad decision. I should have raised or pushed all in. 225 would have been a great take down and I would be at 435. UP MONEY. I got greedy. Knowing how Villian plays Loose/Aggressive.

A RAG HITS THE TURN….YES!. Villian pushes all in for 200. I think about it because now there is a flush draw and he might have the back door flush draw. I didn't have him on a set or two pair..because he loves to check raise these hands. I CALL. I show my AK. He doesn’t show me his cards…So I know I made the right call and I am ahead.

RIVER: 8. I lose. He shows 10/8. I was devastated. This was great pot. I missed played the hand the whole way and let him catch a 5 outer on me. I had a 88 percentage chance to win from the turn. This demoralized me. It is a novice mistake. I expect better play from myself. Protect your hand Idiot.

If I reraise the 55 bet on the flop. Even just a smooth raise. He might go away. If he calls I get value. At worst, I take control of the hand and he checks the turn. I push all in and he goes away. If he plays the hand the same way…well then it is just a nasty ugly. I was trying to slow play a pair of Kings. I know him and how he plays. Stupid Moron Sparrow! I knew I was stronger than him and let him catch up. Stupid. Stupid play

PoBoy321
11-28-2005, 02:58 AM
tl;dr

fold the turn

yvesaint
11-28-2005, 03:01 AM
wait, did you just call yourself "moon sparrow"

SparrowHawk
11-28-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

fold the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Really. Why? I don't see that as a mistake at all. If I know he check/raises his sets and two pair...What could he have to be pushing on. He had to have me on QJ or a weak King in order to Push his stack at me. If I raised the flop. He would either A) Put me on the King or B) put me on the bluff. Either way I would have taken control of the hand.

The error is not taking control of this hand and getting greedy.