PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else notice this in the $33s lately?

Femto
11-28-2005, 02:28 AM
I'm back from bashing my head against a brick wall, and I have a serious question. Has anybody noticed a lot more people spite calling lately, or just being SUPER ULTRA MEGA [censored] LOOSE with their bubble all-in calling standards?

For the last 250 or so games, I've encountered far more people than usual calling all ins on the bubble, with 4 even stacks, with hands like 79s, Q8s, QTo, etc. I don't understand why this is... People get this far in the tourney and they want to just call with any 2? [censored].

Assuming people are being a lot looser calling all-ins, how should this affect my bubble play?

durron597
11-28-2005, 02:42 AM
Push less?

Eevee
11-28-2005, 02:47 AM
i only do it cus of you push bots. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-EV

YourFoxyGrandma
11-28-2005, 03:43 AM
If you're pushing alot and they can see this, your opponent's q8+ calls might be correct. Push less if you can sense they're on to you.

nthn2fancy
11-28-2005, 03:49 AM
not really, dont poosh so much (this coming from a major pushbot)

Kanchi
11-28-2005, 04:37 AM
Be happy this is happening? Make note of these callers, close pushing range, and be happy when they call with 97. People have always been doing this, including earlier levels too when they do crap like limp call stack with JT. I love it when they're almost into the think tank and finally call off with A2 or 33.

PartySNGer
11-28-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Be happy this is happening? Make note of these callers, close pushing range, and be happy when they call with 97. People have always been doing this, including earlier levels too when they do crap like limp call stack with JT. I love it when they're almost into the think tank and finally call off with A2 or 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, if you're playing optimally on the bubble, then people calling with A2 and 33 is -EV for both of you and you shouldn't be happy this is happening.

Insty
11-28-2005, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody noticed a lot more people ... being SUPER ULTRA MEGA [censored] LOOSE with their bubble all-in calling standards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
I'd assumed it was just caller variance / Weekend players / Thanksgiving donkeys.
It really sucks when they call with T7s and have you dominated, it's worse when you actually have a better hand and they suck out.

Just ajust your expected ranges and keep making +EV pushes. +EV pushes are still +EV pushes. You'll come out ahead in the long run. The problem is the long run is often quite long /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Or you could always try being luckier.

Hornacek
11-28-2005, 09:33 AM
I take notes on whoever is prone to push with any two, and spite call at the $55s. Esp if its a 2p2er. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif