PDA

View Full Version : RRd on flop with TPTK OOP?

CobraGoat
11-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Full Tilt $.5 BB 10Max

Effective stacks ~$40. Hero at ~$55.

Hero dealt AsJc in SB.

UTG+1, +3, CO, Button all call. Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: 7cJs4h

Hero bets $2. All fold to CO who raises to $6. BUtton folds. Hero?

What is he playing here? 77, 44 possibly but i dont understand the RR on this flop from a mediocre player. Probably a worse J. But OOP do i pop it to 20? Call or fold?

stealyourface
11-28-2005, 01:54 AM
I would call and lead the turn. If raised on the turn i would fold to a raise.

amoeba
11-28-2005, 01:55 AM
I fold unless if he has been attempting to pick off continuation bets fairly regularly.

this flop a bit dry for the raise to be semibluff.

CobraGoat
11-28-2005, 02:00 AM
would my bet be considered a Cbet? i only completed PF.

i feel like i had this hand but just did not know how to operate give my spot. im ok with folding here though.

CobraGoat
11-28-2005, 02:04 AM
as much as i like this line sort of, can you explain why this would be better than just 3-betting the flop?

stu-unger
11-28-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
as much as i like this line sort of, can you explain why this would be better than just 3-betting the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 betting one pair hands oop is bad imho. it creates a huge pot oop with a marginal hand.

i think i either call the raise and half pot the turn and fold to resistance or fold depending on my read...

11-28-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many players will raise the flop with top pair, set, draw. Very few will raise the turn with anything less than 2 pair.

A reraise on the flop by you commits more chips OOP and will often be called by a set, draw, even top pair for alot of players. You could easily be creating a situation where you put all your chips in with only top pair. You won't know where you stand by reraising the flop here and may have to invest not only the flop reraise but also a turn bet in order to comfortably fold your hand or to get the other guy to fold. Or you could reraise the flop and check the turn in which case he can take you off the hand with a worse hand. Against a drawing hand, betting the turn gives the draw only one card to hit his draw.