PDA

View Full Version : Top Pair Good Kicker

11-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Lately I've been having some problems with flopping top pair with a good kicker.

My usual circumstace is holding something like QJs, getting one or two callers after raising preflop in position, and flopping top pair on a board with, let's say, two to a flush. If checked to me, I bet pottish, and get one caller.

The turn comes some blank low card, and unknown villain checks. Do most people on this site fire again to get the drawers out, or do you check behind to try to avoid inflating the pot, planning on calling a reasonable bet on the river from your opponent?

It seems that whenever I take the former line, I get checkraised on the turn by some obvious monster-holding fish. Whenever I check behind, the river seems to come that dreaded third suited card, and there you are facing a pot-sized bet from your oop villain.

I'm hoping to spark some discussion on playing TPGK both in position and out of position. Thoughts, anyone/everyone?

xorbie
11-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Check against someone with tight PF standards, sometimes betting is correct.

11-28-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check against someone with tight PF standards, sometimes betting is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that this type of hand is very player dependent --- what is your normal line when the villain is an unknown?