PDA

View Full Version : like disease

slickpoppa
11-28-2005, 12:24 AM
I say the word like way too much. I will often use the word several times in a sentence. If I concentrate, I can talk without saying like, but my speech sounds weird because I am so used to saying like and struggle to think of words to replace it. I have noticed that A LOT of people have this same problem. What can be done about it?

istewart
11-28-2005, 12:25 AM
It is a serious problem. You need help ASAP.

gorie
11-28-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is a serious problem. You need help, like ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

slickpoppa
11-28-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, I know

11-28-2005, 12:31 AM
I would say a tooooooooooon of people do this way too much. If I'm not concentrating I do it, so when I'm having an important conversation I try to just concentrate on not saying it.

smoore
11-28-2005, 12:45 AM
like, [censored] man

siccjay
11-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Erin Ness doesn't like guys that say like a lot. Like, for real.

Landon_McFly
11-28-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I say the word like way too much. I will often use the word several times in a sentence. If I concentrate, I can talk without saying like, but my speech sounds weird because I am so used to saying like and struggle to think of words to replace it. I have noticed that A LOT of people have this same problem. What can be done about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

My disease is "ya know what I mean?" or "Ya know what I'm sayin?" I usually don't even give the person I'm talking to enough time to respond, I just keep talking along /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HopeydaFish
11-28-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I say the word like way too much. I will often use the word several times in a sentence. If I concentrate, I can talk without saying like, but my speech sounds weird because I am so used to saying like and struggle to think of words to replace it. I have noticed that A LOT of people have this same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine if you're a 13 year old girl.

imported_anacardo
11-28-2005, 01:10 AM
My disease? Lymphatic cancer.

<font color="white"> I do not in fact have lymphatic cancer. I am so far as I know unafflicted by disease, except for a certain Fever, which shall for the time being remain nameless. </font>

11-28-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What can be done about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get out of your twenties, like, totally.

eviljeff
11-28-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like, I know

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha! it appears that you two have a similar affliction!

edfurlong
11-28-2005, 06:16 AM
I run into a lot of people that like have the same problem with ummm. It seems to come up more when they are talking to people they don't know, or about things that they aren't sure about. It's one of those things that can be easily taken care of by just being conscious of it over time.