PDA

View Full Version : Party full ring infested with weak tight set makers?

lefty rosen
11-28-2005, 12:03 AM
I played a few rounds of of 50 Max NL and noticed every one folded if they didn't have the near mortal nuts. Has this weak tight play permeated all the ring games,except for the short? I have been on some good fulls but they seem to have been mirages or oasis in the desert of rocks....... /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pmuir10
11-28-2005, 12:29 AM
play 6 max then.. they are still fishy as ever

lefty rosen
11-28-2005, 12:43 AM
The learning curve could be steep..... /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-28-2005, 01:26 AM
This is bad news, i was thinking of moving my roll to party to so i could multi 50 max 10handed. If you find any greener pastures, PM me, and ill do the same.

kurto
11-28-2005, 02:48 AM
After playing PL08 for awhile, I played some $50 NLHE on party tonight. You must have poor table selection because I did not find the tables as tight as you say.

I had kings in MP.. there were 2 limpers, 1 raise to 4xbb, I reraised to 12bb, I had a caller after me, the first limper called, the second limper (a short stack) went all in for about 24bb, the original raiser called, I went all in... had 1 callers (along with the original allin). At the end, my Kings held up against pocket 10s and 3-5os.

If you pick the tables with the larger average hand, there's usually more LAGs and calling stations.

If you find yourself at a table with just set-miners... raise more and bluff more.

lefty rosen
11-29-2005, 03:11 AM
Yes I'm not saying triple trapers aren't beatable(they are), but your risk vs rewards aren't there. I mean if I want to lag bluff and play these tables I know I could beat them too(Just bluff and fold to aggression), but dragging down 4 buck pots isn't worth it to me?

Vavavoom
11-29-2005, 03:47 AM
Its bonus week at Party....Wait until current reload finishes then play...

If not - go to Pokerstars - The rewards are great at moment....