PDA

View Full Version : what range of hands do you call with OR 3 bet with in the Big Blind...

11-27-2005, 11:54 PM
?

when someone raises you in late position and YOU are in the Big Blind,
what range of hands do you call with? Raise/3 bet with?

And you act differently if an early guy raised it up (unless he's a wako/maniac, you have reason to believe he's raising lightly) than if a late guy raised (b/c/ it's much more likely he's attempting a steal...

I am more concerned with the latter...defending agsinst would be steals...is the threshold calling in the Big Blind with 45s, but folding with 45o? Calling with 9Js, but folding with 109o?

I'm primarily talking about longhanded/10 or 9 seat Limit Hold 'em

Thanks,

11-28-2005, 12:36 PM
*bump*

anyone care to share the range of hands they call steal raises with when in the big blind?
What hands
you 3 bet the steal raiser with?

Thanks,
Joe

Chief911
11-28-2005, 03:37 PM
This is so dependant on who the raiser is, and what position they are in, the current table dynamic, your current image, and the hands leading up to the current hand.

That said, I'll rarely "call" versus someone who I think is stealing.

CardSharpCook
11-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm quite the opposite. I largely just call in the BB. Why would I want to play a big pot OOP with inferior cards? True, there are some players who I know to "punish" with light 3-bets, but this is generally because my hand will be much better than the top 75% they are raising with. I throw in 3bets with some mid/high suited semi-connectors just to keep things less predicatble. And yes, it is all very player dependant. 45s is still in the range vs button raise from normal player, as is T9o.

In general, Suited semi-connectors, mid/high connectors, PPs, Ax, 2broadway.

In general, Raises for the hands I normally raise (not re-raise) in MP, and those hands like 9Ts that I mentioned above.

11-28-2005, 05:39 PM
There is an article on just this topic in this weeks magazine. Personally, I play this one on feel and don't like a "chart" approach here.

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/current/seetin1105.html

gh9801
11-28-2005, 06:29 PM
I tend to defend based on who the player is rather than what my cards are. I'll open up my defending range against someone who steals 40% of the time while tightening up a weak passive who never steals.

Everything's situational and I don't think there's a "right" answer as to when to defend with 45s and when not to