PDA

View Full Version : Give me a plan to move up.

KHALI
11-27-2005, 10:41 PM
I have been playing 2/4 for a significant session now and have the numbers to indicate I am beating the game for a decent rate. I have taken money out of my bankroll for various things and am now building up with the intention of moving up levels as appropriate. I have also dabbled for period in the 3/6 and 5/10 game with various degrees of success and learned a lot from those times. If anything I am a self proclaimed tight player with a weakish tinge in my game from time to time. My question is how would you plan on moving up and why would you stop at each level? My question is not bankroll oriented but in skill acquisition. Do you feel spending significant time at the short handed table is a must to develop as a player? IS playing with some of the lags at 3/6 a must stop ,as well, if the end result is moving into higher limits as a learning phase that must be taken? I guess to put it another way if bankroll was not an issue and you wanted to become a winning 20/40 player(but aren't stupid enough to jump right in there) how would you go about progressing to develop the skills and experience needed from actual play(obviously reading here and books aside)? What were key levels in your development in gaining the experience you need to be successful at the higher levels?

Thanks for any feedback.

flopmonster
11-28-2005, 12:14 AM
I think you can jump up to 10/20 or 15/30 full if you have the roll. Thats what I did

elindauer
11-28-2005, 03:06 AM
Just jump in.

If you're too scared, play short-handed, scout the games for a while, then jump in.

It's always a good idea to have a more experienced player you trust review your hands as well.

good luck.
eric

TJD
11-28-2005, 07:02 AM
I have not played 2/4 or 3/6 for quite a while but when I did play there the games were looser and more passive than 10/20+.

I played for a while at 5/10 and 10/20 6 max before moving higher. 6 max is not my best game, I am more comfortable at full tables. However, the experience of more HU and 3-way pots was very useful. Also, it was useful to get used to the higher levels of aggression.

There are more good players at 15/30 and 20/40 but there are still enough poor ones to make a decent profit. I am pretty sure that a good winning 3/6 player would win at the higher limits with good table selection.

I think some time at the higher limit 6 max tables (5/10 and 10/20) would be useful preparation.

t