PDA

View Full Version : Another day in Paradise

jennifer29
07-04-2003, 02:49 AM
Today, Party's server problems were worse than usual so I ventured back into the shark infested waters at Paradise. Until about 18 months ago Paradise got all my business but in the the last year I have played maybe 2000 hands there ( maybe 10,000 in the 30-60 at Stars the rest, about 100,000 at Party ). I only had $1500 in my account so I emailed support to ask what time the bonus started, I got a response in less than 2 minutes, bought another nickle to get the bonus and jumped right in. One 15-30 one 20-40. The games, although not as good as the 15-30 at Party, were good. I picked up a quick dime and quit, but it sure made think. I quit playing at Paradise mainly because of Party's PPM#1 along with a few other promos. I also didn't like the fact that having paid about 20k a year in rake all i got was a Paradise poker tshirt. I also didn't like the fact that Paradise had such a big market share. Now the situation is different. Party's support is worse than ever, at least in the past if I emailed Lucy I could get something done about a problem. Still waiting after I emailed her 4 days ago. The server is worse than ever. The undisclosed thing doesn't seem to be going away. Party has a chance right now to become dominant in the business, i think they are blowing it. I will play where the games are best, the fish don't care that much as long as things go smoothly. Wake up Party people will only take it for so long.............................................. ................................................ Actually having read my whole post i've reconsidered. Party will remain #1 because of great marketing, end of story.

KaptainKangoroo
07-04-2003, 03:03 AM
Ultimate bet had the EXACT same problems awhile ago, after Aruba aired on WPT... lots of business jumped, and thier servers couldn't handle it... went like that for a week or 2, then they upgraded and its all fixed...

Now, poker is advertising heavily on WPT, i see 10-15 comercials when i wawtch it... so, guess what? thier business jumps... now they gotta get new servers, set them up, security test them... its a long process...

tiltboy
07-04-2003, 03:16 AM
No offense, but why the f*ck does someone playing $30/60 give a rat's ass about a $100 bonus?

Instinct
07-04-2003, 03:25 AM
$100 is $100. Didn't you know ??
Its over $130 Canadian.

If it takes 10 hrs to work of a bonus of $100 that is $10 an hr extra. That is significant to anyone playing any limit online.

Also when these sites are making much of us, especially the numbers she is talking about, its nice to get some back.
$100 every 2 months is $600 a year. That is significant.

Instinct

jennifer29
07-04-2003, 03:37 AM
I picked up 2K in bonuses last year, it matters.

maplepig
07-04-2003, 03:37 AM
the thought process for bonus is not about $100, it's about "hey, I got to play this game rake free for a while." I often don't play at PStar, but whenever there's a deposit bonus, I always go for it. It's rake free game, why not play it?