PDA

View Full Version : No idea how to play this one

nokia1566
11-27-2005, 09:17 PM
I have no clue what to do here...I just sat down about
5 minutes before and don't really have any notes...

Ultimate Bet 30/60 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Would it be better to just check fold the flop?

Thanks.

lil feller
11-27-2005, 09:44 PM
I think I check/call the flop to try to spike a Q or pick up a gutshot. A flop c/r here makes no sense unless you think you can get him off of KK (if thats the idea, c/r the big bet street). Any hands that you're still beating (KJs or TT-) that will cap preflop (who knows...) will fold if you give excessive action on that board, and you don't want that.

So, first ask yourself if you want to showdown, if you do, just check/call the whole way. I would'nt do this. Second, if you think he has exactly KK and he might fold it, c/c the flop and c/r the turn. A flop c/r does nothing for you here, except induce a fold from the only hands you might still be infront of.

lf

tribefan9
11-27-2005, 10:30 PM
I would check/fold the flop. Without a read, you can not beat any hands that MP2 is capping with.

gh9801
11-27-2005, 10:36 PM
I'd check fold here, you are beating nothing on this board with QQ UI against an unknown villain's probable range and you are OOP too

11-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Yes--check fold. The prflop capper has an Ace or KK most likely. Maybe he has JJ---either way you're beaten. You could try to bet the flop and see if he'll fold given the large pot but if that does not work check fold the turn. A check-raise on the flop is probably not going to work and since he reraised your check-raise he has a set in all liklihood.

Either bet the flop or check-fold. I'd prefer the latter in a muli-way pot while the former would be a legit option heads-up. A check-raise is not in my playbook here.

shemp
11-28-2005, 12:09 AM
I think you can check call the flop. And then check fold the turn. I'd dig in on Party, I confess.

flopmonster
11-28-2005, 12:16 AM
check/fold flop...i think you can make a case for bet/folding flop as well

TJD
11-28-2005, 07:37 AM
With a 3rd (4th? - HH is confusing!) player in the pot a bet out is better than a CR. At least let the raise from MP eliminate him /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Without a read this is a difficult decision. However, unless he has TT or is mad, you are almost certainly in trouble here.

I bet and see what happens. From HIS point of view, as you 3-bet preflop and then bet an Ace high flop with potential draws, it could be YOU who has the Ace and are betting to get him to raise and remove the gutshot on the button. Not an easy spot for his KK is it?

If possible, I always prefer THEM to guess rather than me and for it to cost me as little as possible.

If you knew the guy was mad then betting is still better to eliminate button followed by a passive call down.

Against unknowns I bet and probably give up later.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

t

sfer
11-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Betting this flop is retarded and checkraising is unwise.