PDA

View Full Version : Played bad ?

11-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Cryptologic 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8.60 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.30 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (13.30 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 13.30 BB.

lightw1thoutheat
11-27-2005, 06:57 PM
bet river, the two didnt change anything

11-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Played good if you bet the river. MP1's turn call shows that he didn't like the ace, looks like he's got a big pocket pair. The BB probably liked the A, but you beat him most of the time.

Redd
11-27-2005, 07:06 PM
The way it played out, river is an easy bet. But I think the most crucial point in this hand is the turn. We improved in the worst possible way here, as BB's lead could be slowplayed trips, 2 diamonds, 1 stupid diamond, or a losing ace. I think MP1 is usually pretty far behind at this point anyways (unless he has a K/Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif), so I don't mind him calling behind us. I'd hate being 3-bet since we'd need to call on FH outs. So I'd be happier calling on the turn and reevauluating on the river.

detruncate
11-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi pocketset. Welcome to the forum.

MP1's flop raise suggests that the A didn't help him. Bad luck if he's on diamonds. BB waking up when the A of flush hits isn't super news for us. I just call since we're not that confident that we have the best hand, BB isn't folding trips, MP1 will often be putting chips in incorrectly when he calls.

11-28-2005, 07:52 AM
the river is an easy value bet given the action on the turn

the turn is confusing, but i think you played it correctly.

Webster
11-28-2005, 08:18 AM
Besides being loose on the original call preflop I think you played it well.

The reason you should not play A9s UTG,+1 or +2 is you really do not want to be raised with a dominated hand like that.

IF you want to play A9s at least raise in. If you question raising in qith A9s then . . . .should you be even playing it?

detruncate
11-28-2005, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides being loose on the original call preflop I think you played it well.

The reason you should not play A9s UTG,+1 or +2 is you really do not want to be raised with a dominated hand like that.

IF you want to play A9s at least raise in. If you question raising in qith A9s then . . . .should you be even playing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

A9s is an easy limp at most tables.

11-28-2005, 08:23 AM
i think the average looseness at this level justifies Axs from any position.... just imo

Amerretto
11-28-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A9s is an easy limp at most tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, I am a bit confused! What are you trying to hit, If an Ace hits, then your kicker is in doubt, if the 9 hits (usually) there are overcards out there, so again you have problems. Only safe cards for you is to flop your flush or 4 to the flush. Are we saying that at this level, we will get paid off, if the flush is out there?

I would have been tempted to fold this PF, in early position,I think that overall the limp is marginal, and at worst a long term loser. Reads dependant of course...

WalkAmongUs
11-28-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why, I am a bit confused! What are you trying to hit, If an Ace hits, then your kicker is in doubt,

[/ QUOTE ]

If its not raised behind you then your pair of aces could be the best hand. As for your kicker, The only thing you have to worry about is AJ and A10, so if a tight player limps behind you and then wakes up when the A hits, you should play cautiously.

[ QUOTE ]
if the 9 hits (usually) there are overcards out there, so again you have problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

protect your hand just like any other time overcards could come to your top pair.

[ QUOTE ]
Only safe cards for you is to flop your flush or 4 to the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the action, a pair and a BDFD can be well worth playing after the flop. But yes the flush would be the main thing you're after.

[ QUOTE ]
Are we saying that at this level, we will get paid off, if the flush is out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the time yes.

11-28-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet river, the two didnt change anything

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_The Vibesman
11-28-2005, 12:25 PM
I don't really like the turn raise. I think a lot of hands that you beat and are drawing thin will just fold, trips aren't going anywhere, even the flush may just back off but not fold. On the other hand, if MP1 raised the flop with an overpair, he will probably fold to the turn raise, while drawing to two outs, but call with trips or any other better hand. So if BB has aces and sixes, you are going to win, the extra bet you get from BB by raising, you could also get by letting MP1 overcall with a big pair. You could actually end up making 1 bb more than if you raise. The danger is that someone holds a lone diamond and you let them draw cheap, but that's a risk I would take here.

BoogerFace
11-28-2005, 12:30 PM
*grunch*

Value bet the river. Villian would have reraised the turn with a monster.

11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
:grunch: Preflop - okay. Flop - okay

Turn - At first I didn't like the raise, but after thinking about it some more, it's okay. You just have horrible relative position.

If MP1 raised you on the flop with a 6, making a higher two pair isn't going to help you. BB probably hit his Ax, so you have him beat so the raise is good. I'd be worried about MP1 calling 2 on the turn with a 6 (which doesn't seem to be the case since the river was checked through)

River - Bet! The 2 didn't change anything. If MP1 raises, I'd probably fold to his 6.

A read on MP1 would be very helpful.

11-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Pre-Flop I usually fold A9s UTG and UTG+1.

11-30-2005, 08:34 AM
The question is not whether we are dominated or not. The question is how often we are dominated and what the domination costs us in comparison what we get when we hit the board.