PDA

View Full Version : Food Indifference

pokerdirty
11-27-2005, 06:56 PM
I just walked through Food Emporium for a 1/2 hour, and didn't see anything that i wanted. I feel like this has been going on for almost 2 months now, where no food looks good to me. Does anyone else ever get like this?

Anyone have any unique, easy to make dishes that are interesting?

Evan
11-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Go to Whole Foods and have them make you something.

pokerdirty
11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
i can't eat food out of a buffet. mental thing.

Evan
11-27-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1) That's weird
2) Go downstairs and have them make you something like a sandwich or whatever. It's not buffet downswtairs.

BadBoyBenny
11-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Don't eat. As you get hungrier the food will interest you more.

Alobar
11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
this is the truth, pretty soon you would happily eat some bugs, go long enough and youll eat the stuffing out of your matresses, or even anotehr human given the chance.

tonypaladino
11-27-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1) That's weird
2) Go downstairs and have them make you something like a sandwich or whatever. It's not buffet downswtairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whole Foods doesn't make sandwiches, they only have those pre-made ones and they're not that good.

pokerdirty
11-27-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't eat. As you get hungrier the food will interest you more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think even this will work.

Ulysses
11-27-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1) That's weird

[/ QUOTE ]

Whole Foods doesn't make sandwiches, they only have those pre-made ones and they're not that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whole Foods where I live makes sandwiches. They really don't make sandwiches at the Union Square one? BTW, I walked into that one once to get something, but the checkout line was 800 people long.

MarkL444
11-27-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just walked through Food Emporium for a 1/2 hour, and didn't see anything that i wanted. I feel like this has been going on for almost 2 months now, where no food looks good to me. Does anyone else ever get like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

learn how to cook

pokerdirty
11-27-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

learn how to cook

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how to cook. I'm looking for ideas of stuff to cook because the stuff i currently cook doesn't interest me anymore. Maybe you should learn to read.

tonypaladino
11-27-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1) That's weird

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whole Foods where I live makes sandwiches. They really don't make sandwiches at the Union Square one? BTW, I walked into that one once to get something, but the checkout line was 800 people long.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of a couple of months ago, they told me they don't. The lines are hella long at the Union Square store, but they move fast. They have very good line managers and at least 30 registers.

JonPKibble
11-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Prozac.

dblgutshot
11-27-2005, 10:17 PM
You haven't give much background on what you used to eat, but trying new ethnic foods is always a good idea, especially if you are looking for something more exciting.

duk
11-27-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prozac.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm not in favor of medication, you may be on the right track here. Loss of appetite may well be a sign of depression.

Hamish McBagpipe
11-27-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loss of appetite may well be a sign of depression

[/ QUOTE ]

So, try weed first. I smoke only once in a while and the [censored] out there these days makes me chow down on whatever crap is available in my fridge and cupboard like it is the nectar of the gods.

pokerdirty
11-27-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You haven't give much background on what you used to eat, but trying new ethnic foods is always a good idea, especially if you are looking for something more exciting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking. Anyone have any good ethnic recipes?

pokerdirty
11-27-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Prozac.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm not in favor of medication, you may be on the right track here. Loss of appetite may well be a sign of depression.

[/ QUOTE ]

The appetite isn't gone. It's that nothing looks good. I need some new food. I'm stuck in a food rut i guess.

dblgutshot
11-27-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking. Anyone have any good ethnic recipes?

[/ QUOTE ]

No recipies, but try looking at online sites for recipies. Personally I like curries from Malaysia, Thailand. Once you get a good curry sauce you really like, you can make it with fish/lamb/beef/chicken etc, really mix it up even though the sauce is the same.

I don't cook so I don't know how easy/hard it is to make these on your own.

My suggestion would be to make a list of some countries you think might have interesting food, then spend an hour googling thru sites to see if anything catches your eye, then start tryin to cook it. It probably will take a few tries but thats the 'exciting' part I think.

tonypaladino
11-27-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Prozac.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The appetite isn't gone. It's that nothing looks good. I need some new food. I'm stuck in a food rut i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the area. I used to work in Union Square and after a while it feels like there is nothing to eat anywhere around there. I used to just spend my lunch breaks smoking cigars in the park because there was nothing worth eating.

NutzyClutz
11-28-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm 2 months? You have Yankee postseason traumatic syndome.

diebitter
11-28-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is the truth, pretty soon you would happily eat some bugs, go long enough and youll eat the stuffing out of your matresses, or even anotehr human given the chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

You eat one lousy foot and they call you a cannibal!

oh...you weren't necessarily talking about me....

vexvelour
11-28-2005, 11:20 AM
P. Dirty:

The easiest way is to pick a meat, say chicken. Then figure out the rest of it.

Chicken Stir Fry: lots of veggies, chicken, some sort of sauce

BBQ chicken: put sauce on chicken; bake.

Chicken Parm: Pound out the chicken, bread it, cook it and slather it in sauce and cheese.

Grilled Chicken sammiches. Chicken tacos. Cook up a flavored Uncle Bens and throw some cut up chicken in there.

Check out Food.com for more ideas, but most are more complicated than need be.

pokerdirty
11-28-2005, 11:22 AM
marry me. then you can cook for me!

vexvelour
11-28-2005, 11:30 AM
LOL. Seriously, I know what you're going through, it's like food writers block. The only way I can get past it is think of ideas before going to the store so you know what you're gonna get.