PDA

View Full Version : Hand analysis

Gene2x
11-27-2005, 06:22 PM
I was reviewing a recent session in PT when I came accross this hand- a confrontation by the BB and Button (I'm neither of the two). The BB has AdQc and the Button has 9d9h.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Question: Shouldn't the BB have raised to try to knock out the MP player?

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Question: Would it have made sense for the BB to bet first to see where he's at instead of checking to the raiser?

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls.

Question: The pot is offering about 5:1. If he's behind, he needs another Q or an A but has to discount some of them because the Button could have KQ or AK or might be betting a draw. In that case the BB has maybe 3 outs and the pot would need to be offering 15:1. Is this such an automatic call by the BB? Forget about reads on the Button. I think his bet is mandatory at this point regardless of what he has or type of player he is.

River: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Button checks.

Question: Is checking the river correct (for both players)?

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Gene2x
11-29-2005, 04:19 AM
wrong forum?

11-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Probably is the wrong forum to post a 0.50/1 6-max hand, but I'll take a shot at it. I'm assuming we're looking at the hand from BB's perspective.

Preflop I'm definitely 3-betting AQ on a 5-handed table. While I'm relatively inexperienced at 6-max, from what I've gathered preflop aggression is an integral part. I think AQ has a definite edge pf, and we should push this.

Obviously the hand plays a lot differently after a pf 3-bet, and therefore it's a little hard to analysis the consequent action. However, assuming button caps pf I'd attempt to check-raise to knock out MP, due to the coordinated nature of the board. If villains call pf, leading out is our only option in my opinion.

Assuming both players call or 1 calls the flop bet/check-raise, I'm leading out both the turn and river.

Gene2x
11-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Hi.. thanks for your feedback. I posted this before realizing it belonged in the Short-Handed forum.

krimson
11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
The button played this well, the BB didn't.

BB should have 3-bet pre-flop and lead every street unless raised, at which point he should probably c/c.

W. Deranged
11-29-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The button played this well, the BB didn't.

BB should have 3-bet pre-flop and lead every street unless raised, at which point he should probably c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sort of agree. BB should definitely have three-bet pre-flop.

Given that he didn't though, I don't mind his wa/wb line here on the flop and turn though. Betting the river for value should at least cross his mind.

The button played this hand well.