PDA

View Full Version : they say i'm no good...

EvanJC
11-27-2005, 05:53 PM
...cuz im so hood. but hows my play in this hand? villian is a loose passive fish to the tune of 68/1/.8. he is capable of some weird river bluff raises. his river agg is 1.6 or something.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB

bottomset
11-27-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't get the river bet

EvanJC
11-27-2005, 05:57 PM
so check/fold then?

numeri
11-27-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so check/fold then?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to ask about any read on villain's river play other than weird bluff raises. I'm tempted to check/call since a willingness to bluff raise might imply a willingness to bluff bet.

DarkKnight
11-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Since he can bluff raise then you really can't bf since
you may be behind his bluff.

So check and only call if he is capable of bluff betting (which most are when checked to here).

POKhER
11-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Preflop the raise is for value, fine.
Flop, Standard.
Turn - This is where it gets interesting, So we have a gutshot + OC (and possibly high card strength). So we be to see if he folds. He doesn't.

River - Check call, Induce a bluff and call him due to you're read. betting the river into a loose PASSIVE fish is just asking for trouble.

EvanJC
11-27-2005, 06:19 PM
villian's fold to river bet is 51%, which i think may matter. i still feel that betting the river has got to be better than check/calling, but i'm a borderline retarded.

sample size is only 320 mines hands though, fwiw.

numeri
11-27-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villian's fold to river bet is 51%, which i think may matter. i still feel that betting the river has got to be better than check/calling, but i'm a borderline retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]
Over how many hands? Be careful inferring too much about stats like that over smallish sample sizes. I'd prefer a real read regarding any river bluffs in position.

EDIT: Just caught your edit. It's not an insignificant sample size, but I think the fact that we have to call a river check/raise makes the check/call a better play.

Cancuk
11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I think it's all fine until the river, where I c/c.

POKhER
11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
You see with such a high river fold % i think he only folds junk/Missed hands and because hes loose passive moron he will call weak junk that beats your ACE HIGH lol.

However, i think HE MAY bet the river as a bluff in hope of winnign so if you're willing to spend a bet with ACE HIGH Vs LOOSE PASSIVE... Then Check/Call it.

deception5
11-27-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

sample size is only 320 mines hands though, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't that mean he's likely to fold most hands you beat, bluff a few you beat and call or raise with most of the ones that beat you?

I really think check/call (or check/fold) is best here. Someone who is capable of bluffing will often take a shot here. If you bet and he folds you likely had the best hand.

EvanJC
11-27-2005, 06:45 PM
thanks for setting me straight all