PDA

View Full Version : Set o' Sixes

colgin
11-27-2005, 04:33 PM
As a follow-up to my earlier Set o' Eights post, here is another set hand that I played in a questionable manner.

MP and I have been going at a bit. He has been fairly liberal in steal-raising from the Button against my BB and I have fought back quite a bit. I have showed down a number of winners heads-up against him in large pots
and I think he may be on semi-tilt (and he is also getting shortstacked). BB seems fairly loose-passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls $12.25 (All-In), Hero calls.

River: (15.72 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.72 BB

11-27-2005, 04:39 PM
i would play the same, i would only c/r the flop

MexKrax
11-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Looks ok to me. I generally don't 3 bet from the SB with 66 when I'm raised by MP, but if you have a read that he's on tilt/stealing a lot it seems reasonable.

When the turn puts 4 to the straight on the board and the BB wakes up things look really bad for you, but you have to call since you're getting more than good enough odds to draw to the boat.

On the river I'd call and pray that BB shows down 76o, but I think 90% of the time you're losing to the straight.

Alobar
11-27-2005, 05:04 PM
I have a hard time putting the BB on a straight. He called 2 bets PF with a 3? He called all that flop action with an 8? I guess it could be 88 or A8/images/graemlins/spade.gif but why no flop raise? same with 77. also 33 I guess.

I suppose there are more of those than 55 44 76s type hands, could also be a goofy AA or something. But without the third guy to pad its not even close I guess. so yeah, call down.

11-27-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would play the same, i would only c/r the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

brazilio
11-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Fold the river.

Alobar
11-27-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

r u serious?

StellarWind
11-27-2005, 07:02 PM
The turn is a mistake. Check and when BB wakes up you save $7.75 because MP doesn't have enough money to reopen the betting. Otherwise MP will undoubtedly bet because he has $12.25 left and he's out of control. Then you can slam BB with a checkraise.

Spicymoose
11-27-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn is a mistake. Check and when BB wakes up you save $7.75 because MP doesn't have enough money to reopen the betting. Otherwise MP will undoubtedly bet because he has $12.25 left and he's out of control. Then you can slam BB with a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me. What is your plan if we don't have this all in situation?

Alobar
11-27-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if I agree with this. if BB was so excited to dump the rest of his money in the pot he would have capped the flop. I would hate to see it checked through here. Also do you really save any money? if you check and BB bets, you are telling me you just call?

StellarWind
11-27-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if BB was so excited to dump the rest of his money in the pot he would have capped the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume you mean MP? I think there is a very good chance he will bet. The psychology is good and there are technical reasons too. Assuming he has something to show he really can't save his money (except $2.25) because someone will bet the river. This is sort of an implied collusion situation in which MP wants to invest his money in allowing me to checkraise so that BB can possibly be driven out of the pot.

I admit this doesn't come with a warranty but I like it better than betting into an OESD on the board. Even if it does check through you may still capture most of MP's money on the river so the cost of a free card is less than it seems.

[ QUOTE ]
if you check and BB bets, you are telling me you just call?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah /images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Loose/passive BB will understand our turn check perfectly because it's exactly what he would do in our place. We still have the big hand we had on the last two streets but the board went to hell on us. If he bets here he is a huge favorite to have a straight.

scotty34
11-27-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks ok to me. I generally don't 3 bet from the SB with 66 when I'm raised by MP, but if you have a read that he's on tilt/stealing a lot it seems reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would 3-bet this most of the time. Playing 66 in a 3-way pot OOP is not an easy thing to do. You want to do your best to get rid of him.

Luv2DriveTT
11-27-2005, 08:48 PM
check the turn. MP is about to go all in (or nearly all in), perfect time for you to check-raise with that is most likely the winning hand. If its not, then its about to get expensive /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

colgin
11-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks for all the excellent input.

MP had Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, BB had K /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG.

Given the way he had played until this point, I was very surprised by BB's hand. I expected to see at least a turned 2 pair (often seeing the str8 I feared).