PDA

View Full Version : We have the 2nd and 3rd nuts. Let's have a raising war!

DrewOnTilt
11-27-2005, 02:52 PM
A combined "bad beat" and "hilariously overplayed hands" post. I fully believe that the one thing that kept me from going completely tilt-mad after this hand was the pure absurdity of the play by the two fish.

Live 20/40 game at the Borg. My two opponents in this hand are Uberlag and Uberdonk. Uberlag is the lovely player who three bets from the BB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and Uberdonk is the lovely player who will stay in any hand so long as he has at least a backdoor draw at two pair.

I'm in the CO with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif
Uberlag and Uberdonk limp in, I raise, everyone else folds.

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Uberlag bets, Uberdonk calls, I raise, Uberlag 3-bets, Uberdonk calls, I cap.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Uberlag bets, Uberdonk raises, I 3-bet, Uberlag caps.

River is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Uberlag bets, Uberdonk raises, I 3-bet, Uberlag starts to whine and just calls, Uberdonk caps and I call.

Against any other 2 players, I might have just smoothcalled on the river rather than 3-bet, but these 2 guys had a combined poker IQ of about 46. Seriously, though, how the [censored] am I supposed to put somebody on a flush draw, given the way this hand played out?

Uberlag showed Q /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Uberdonk showed K /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Let's see. Uberlag flopped a vulnerable 2nd nut straight and didn't let off the gas despite all of the warnings.

Uberdonk called all of the flop raises with a double gutter to two very vulnerable straights (neither of which would give him the nuts) and a backdoor draw at possibly only the 2nd nut flush. He then capped the turn with the ass end of a 1-card straight.

The funniest part was the fact that Uberlag was convinced that he had flopped the nuts. After 15 minutes I finally gave up trying to explain to the guy that it's not possible to flop a nut straight with 3-gapper hole cards.

God bless the poker explosion. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
11-27-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After 15 minutes I finally gave up trying to explain to the guy that it's not possible to flop a nut straight with 3-gapper hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be great fun at the table.

DrewOnTilt
11-27-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After 15 minutes I finally gave up trying to explain to the guy that it's not possible to flop a nut straight with 3-gapper hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be great fun at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was quite the friendly conversation. I wasn't berating the guy. But I thought that was funny since even most fish know how to read a board.

Daniture
11-27-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A10

2+2 wannabe
11-27-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A10

[/ QUOTE ]

SHIP IT

DrewOnTilt
11-27-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A10

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh. Right you are. Now I'm the one wearing the following:

http://www.plasticmoonrain.com/plasticmoonrain/images/dunce.jpg

wdeadwyler
11-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Fold the turn