PDA

View Full Version : A6c 3 way, fold I don't like anymore

CanKid
11-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Hero opens CO A /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif Button (unknown) cold calls, SB (42/3/1) calls, BB TAG calls.

Flop 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check to me, I bet, everyone calls.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Check to me, I bet, button raises, SB CCs, BB folds, Hero folds.

Zele
11-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, getting 11:1 closing the action when you very likely have 5 outs if your hand is not good (which is not a forgone conclusion), I really don't like this fold. And I'd say you have to see the showdown for 1 bet on the river too.

11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, getting 11:1 closing the action when you very likely have 5 outs if your hand is not good (which is not a forgone conclusion), I really don't like this fold. And I'd say you have to see the showdown for 1 bet on the river too.

[/ QUOTE ]
When behind, 5 outs is extremely optimistic. As a matter of fact, it's the max.

Zele
11-28-2005, 12:15 AM
True, 5 is the max, and indeed it would be a trivial call if we knew we had 5. But I do believe our non-A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif outs are clean a significant majority of the time we are beat. Given that, we only need to have the best hand and have it hold up a few percent of the time to make this a call given our immediate pot odds. [My original post was poorly worded as it did indeed suggest we had 5 outs most of the time, whereas I'd say we only have 5 outs a lot of the time.]

Would you make this fold? Would you fold the river UI?

mscags
11-28-2005, 02:31 AM
This is a tough decision. I think a fold is best here simply because I think a lot of times on the river you are going to get into a situation where you aren't real sure where you stand. You could be drawing dead already or drawing to between 2-5 outs. Im not real happy about the times when I hit an ace either. What are you going to do about the times you hit the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and it goes bet you call and then it gets raised behind you? I think I fold this on the turn.

11-28-2005, 02:57 AM
Yes, I would fold with a raiser and cold-caller.

Petteri
11-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Button play streams of pocket pair or flush draw. If he has pocket pair (22,33,44,55,66,77), you can be drawing dead. But flush draw with 2 face cards is also pretty likely.

As there is flush (and straight draw) on board, you should call this down.

TStoneMBD
11-28-2005, 11:28 AM
i agree. 11:1 is a lil too much for a 5 outter that is rarely tainted and sometimes ahead.

DMBFan23
11-28-2005, 04:11 PM
since it sounds like you are planning on calling the river (not overcalling?) aren't we really getting something like 12:2?