PDA

View Full Version : 4-flush multiway

damaniac
11-27-2005, 02:41 PM
5/10 Gtown again, same table, villains in question are a lady two to my left who is pretty decent but very whiny and one of the reasons I hate live play: can't turn off the chat. Good, aggressive, reasonably tight, etc. Other villain is across the table, fairly TAGgy also but I know a bit less about him as we haven't tangled or talked much.

Details are hazy, but...

Maybe 5 ppl limp, I check in the BB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Flop is K98, 98 are /images/graemlins/heart.gif's.

Often I look to c/r here, but I opt to bet instead.

I do bet, female villain calls, male villain raises (dunno if he'll raise draws, quite possibly), another Loose passive player calls, I call, woman calls.

4 to the turn for 7 BB's.

Turn is a T /images/graemlins/heart.gif. So the board is K, 89T /images/graemlins/heart.gif's. Check, check, bet, I think the LP person folds...I call...female villain calls.

3 to the river for 10.

River is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet, female raises, male thinks, ponders, moans, whines, and calls two cold, I fold.

Questions on all streets, probably mostly what to do with that turn, but flop/river are good too.

Spartan1983
11-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Don't fold river with 2nd nut flush in a big pot.

11-27-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't fold river with 2nd nut flush in a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that /images/graemlins/heart.gif J beats us too right?

Actually, you're most definitely beat here, but the pot sure is big. I'd probably call, but the fold seems okay, what could she possibly be raising with if not /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ or /images/graemlins/heart.gifA?

damaniac
11-27-2005, 03:28 PM
A or J /images/graemlins/heart.gif beats me, all the other good hearts are out there, and she's a reasonable player who knows I'm reasonable and has to expect to called here by someone a lot, so I really think the fold is fine. Betting is correct right? Does my decision change if the raiser folds? Still more interested in the earlier streets, but this is good too.

Nick C
11-27-2005, 03:35 PM
It looks good to me.

If the male Villain was raising for a free card on the flop, it looks like he got there (though I suppose JT is possible), so I like checking the turn. I guess JT is what we're hoping for at this point -- that and hands like T9s and KJ. (If he flopped a flush draw, there's a good chance we're drawing dead, given the cards we know.)

On the river, it's hard to see what the female Villain is still in with that she likes all of a sudden that doesn't contain the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif or J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Is she really raising with a non-flush jack? I doubt it.

When the male Villain agonizes and cold-calls, I think he has the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif (or I guess possibly a flopped set he can't bring himself to let go of) or he's acting and has J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Tx and is hoping for your overcall. Actually, I doubt he's playing for an overcall with the nuts, but I do think you're beat.