PDA

View Full Version : Bad Beat web site... coming along...

RockLobster
07-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi All--

I recently posted ("A Shoulder to Cry On...") about a web site that I'm starting up. I've put quite a bit of work into it, it'll be up and running on 7/23/2003. The cat's out of the bag as far as the name goes, Mason has already had it added (thanks!) to the Favorite Links section (currently the bottom link... www.RiveredAgain.com (http://www.RiveredAgain.com)). Note: the site is not ready! All poker content will be up no later than 7/23/2003.

Despite the name, it's anything but a negative site. There will be tips on how to deal with bad sessions, what to do when someone "sucks out" on you, advanced poker terminology, etc. I hope to have something for everyone, from beginners through experts.

I could use a few bad beat stories to get me started, please pm me if you have any that you'd like to share. I'm also looking for guest articles!

And of course I'll be linking to Tommy Angelo's "i'm running bad" site... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Maybe I'll have a few "Rivered Again..." t-shirts made up so players will have something to wear with their "i'm running bad" caps.

Thanks in advance...

Net Warrior
07-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Hey, something to look forward to. Cool. Much better than being 30bb's behind which is what I am this session as I type. PS: lots of bad beats too /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

RockLobster
07-03-2003, 09:45 PM
being 30bb's behind which is what I am this session as I type. PS: lots of bad beats too

Oh hey, that's great! I mean, um, sorry to hear it. Let me know if you can part with a bad beat or 2... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Take care...

Net Warrior
07-03-2003, 09:51 PM
"....advanced poker terminology, etc."

Here's one, "Tilt: A bad beat you put on yourself"

PS: I ended the session down 10BB's (phew)

ElSapo
07-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Hey Rock... that's definitely a shirt I would buy.

I would think you'd want the hands posted in the same format to your site. Any preference on how they get sent to you?

El Sapo

RockLobster
07-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Hey Sapo--

Hey Rock... that's definitely a shirt I would buy.

Well that's good to know! I'm trying to find someone who can make a graphic for me right now... AA with a big crack through it (or many small cracks through them)... I'm hoping to have this within the next week or so. I might have someone who can do this for me, but I just don't know yet.

I would think you'd want the hands posted in the same format to your site. Any preference on how they get sent to you?

Well I don't have any means for people to post directly to the site (like this board), so any submissions will be via e-mail. I'll then review them, clean 'em up if needed, and post the good ones.

This site will be open to anyone (naturally), so non-2+2ers are certainly welcome. With that in mind, I expect there'll be people who have never read or written a hand posting before. So I've created an annotated example to help get them started, and there's also a "terms and abbreviations" section on the site.

If there's any real interest in the site I'd be happy to look into better ways of submitting bad beats and even allowing people to comment on them directly, but that's too much for me to try and figure out right now.

Take care!