PDA

View Full Version : everything in it's right place

wheelz
11-27-2005, 12:20 PM
villain hasn't been here for very long, but has been playing quite aggressive/well. i'm pretty confident he knows what he's doing by now. but the other guy is terrible.

i was raising a safe turn.

Party Poker 50/100 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero?

check? bet/call? bet/fold?

Spicymoose
11-27-2005, 12:27 PM
I like bet/fold. I doubt he is pushing you off the best hand here with a river check raise bluff, and I don't think we lose our river BB that often. He will call you with A8, A6, 98, 96, T8, J8, and maybe A5. Granted, a lot of the times these hands are betting the turn, but I don't think they always do.

TStoneMBD
11-28-2005, 11:31 AM
interesting hand. (aka bump.)

Lmn55d
11-28-2005, 11:53 AM
I would bet the river. When he checks the turn I think he usually has a pair. Most guys on a semibluff would fire that turn thinking they have enough folding equity. A straight or busted flush draw would often bet out on that river.

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I would bet but I think he has a flush draw most of the time.

Krishan

baronzeus
11-28-2005, 12:58 PM
I play flop and turn the same.

i think i bet this river almost 100% of the time. he'll call with his 8 every time.

occasionally he'll c/r here but usually he'll lead with a 7 IMO.

if c/r i think i just use my read and probably call.

sthief09
11-28-2005, 01:53 PM
he has an 8, 6, or 5 with no spade almost always here IMO. if he had a 7 he wouldve bet the turn unless its specifically 87, 76, or 75, but those probably bet the turn because of the draw. his play is very much in line with a flopped pair with no draw that he wants to get to showdown cheaply.

Danenania
11-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Bet then make a decision if he raises. I think either bet/call or bet/fold would be better than checking. I'd bet/call by default.

cartman
11-28-2005, 04:12 PM
I would definitely bet the river and the presence of the K on the board makes me willing to fold to a raise.

Cartman

mscags
11-28-2005, 04:30 PM
This is a tough river card because I think a lot of times villian will just have a busted flush draw and will fold anyway, but sometimes villian will have something like a pair+flush draw and would call a bet here and sometimes villian will have some type of monster pair/flush/straight draw, but I don't think he has that here bc he will probably have played it more aggro. I think a bet here is mostly player dependent. If this guy is known to make moves than i will probably check behind bc I want to see a showdown but do not want to put in 2 BBs. If I know I can safely fold to a checkraise than I will bet it. I think it is likely you are ahead here though because I think most players with the straight would bet out at this river being afraid that you would check behind.

Mike

wheelz
11-29-2005, 12:16 PM
i'm surprised so many people put this guy on an 8. don't solid aggressive 50/100 players bet an 8 on the turn here always? aren't the chances of him allowing a free river card on a 3 flush board because an overcard to his pair turned quite slim?

i think a straight usually leads the river, so i wasn't that concerned about getting c/r'd. i was just struggling to come up with hands he might pay me off with. there can't be that many... i don't expect him to go with the ol' c/r c/c with too many made hands. on top of that i know i'm paying off a c/r if it comes, because i don't expect him to play a straight like that, he's aggressive, and although i haven't played very many hands at 50/100 there appears to be more moves on the river than i'm used to seeing. so checking seemed like a viable option to me.

how can i not bet my TT after he checks both big streets though? he check/raised, i called.

krishanleong
11-29-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

how can i not bet my TT after he checks both big streets though? he check/raised, i called.

[/ QUOTE ]

you lost to a straight?

Krishan

TStoneMBD
11-29-2005, 12:46 PM
i think at the 50/100 level you should be betting the river with a straight and checkraising at a certain frequency. if im right, a good player at this level should know that so its not surprising that he has the straight, but its true of course that since hell often donk it it reduces the likelihood of him having it.

wheelz
11-29-2005, 08:48 PM
he had A/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, MHING.

i agree tstone. at this level i imagine less people are missing value bets when the river completes the OESD too. it's not that i didn't think he'd ever c/r here, just if he did, oh well, i don't think there's much i can do other than pay him off. i thought he might c/r with a worse hand a significant amount of the time.