PDA

View Full Version : Compatability

DavidC
11-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey guys,

I'm having problems right now trying to figure out what to do romantically.

Basically I'm a bit of a loner with a weird sense of humour, kinda introverted until I get used to the people I'm hanging out with, pretty obsessive about my interests, etc. So in groups I tend to hang back just a bit. I'm decent guy though, and fun to hang out with when I'm in my element. That probably describes a few people here to some degree. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

So, what it boils down to is, let's assume that I'm given an opportunity to start a relationship with someone that I've hung out with a few times before, and I think they're pretty cool. It's a good situation in general.

Now, here's the thing:

How do I go about figuring out if this relationship has some fair chance at success before I go ahead and give it a shot? If the answer is that I can't, I'm willing to live with that. If the answer is that it's common sense: I don't have any, so you'll have to be more specific. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I can be interested in people that I'm not compatable with, but it's destined to be painful if I try to act on it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

--Dave.

vexvelour
11-27-2005, 12:13 PM
You'll never know unless you try.

diebitter
11-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Just go for it. Life's not a rehearsal.

PokerGoblin
11-27-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, what it boils down to is, let's assume that I'm given an opportunity to start a relationship with someone that I've hung out with a few times before, and I think they're pretty cool. It's a good situation in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I take it this person has shown interest in you in a romantic way?

[ QUOTE ]
How do I go about figuring out if this relationship has some fair chance at success before I go ahead and give it a shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

The easiest thing to do it count the money in the pot, and compare that amount to the amount it costs you to gamble. Then take that ratio and and measure it against your probability of success.

Seriously you can't look at dating as a +/- EV type of situation like you might do with other things. There's no magic formula to knowing if something will work (although it's often quite obvious when something won't work).

Just jump in, feet first if you have to, and do your best. If it works out, good for you.

PG

11-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Im in a similar situation, Ive been "dating" this girl, well at least she think we are dating, and I even know it will probably work out. I just dont have the time. She is cool, good looking, has some large breastess, but things have progressed to 1-2 phone calls a day, where she just calls for no reason etc. Its sucks, I cant take it. My advice, is if you know you are ready to put time into a relationship, go ahead and give it a shot, if you arent, dont.