PDA

View Full Version : an observation I have made about Lucinda Williams.

whiskeytown
11-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Lucinda Williams is the female species answer to Johnny Cash. Everthing I see in him I see in her over on that other side. Same spirit, mojo - if you know what I'm talking about, you'll understand and maybe you can explain it better. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

That live album is incredible. It'll be on my top 5 for 2005. For samples from it (for all you non-Ludinda fans... Go to the album web page here - samples of all the songs (http://main.losthighwayrecords.com/product.aspx?ob=disc&src=art&pid=1425)

Amazing woman.

RB

DarkForceRising
11-27-2005, 12:18 PM
She really is something else and, of course, if one only listens to commercial radio they will never hear her. She opened for Petty back in '99 and I couldn't get there in time for her set. Bummer. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

whiskeytown
11-28-2005, 02:50 AM
And after two albums, Kathleen Edwards is getting ready to take over the mantle afterwards, IMHO -

This new album of hers has at least two songs I could put in the "best lyrics ever" category.

RB

ChipWrecked
11-28-2005, 03:18 AM
'Be my lover don't play no game
Just play me John Coltrane'

bimo.

DarkForceRising
11-28-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
'Be my lover don't play no game
Just play me John Coltrane'

bimo.

[/ QUOTE ]

The texture of the guitar on that song makes me want to stick a needle in my arm and die happy in a drug induced haze. And I've never even done heroine.

Good as it gets, man.

SenecaJim
11-28-2005, 11:11 AM
good post. I love Lucinda. I've seen her 3x live and yes, the live album is an "instant classic". And on recordings where she has Bo groovin' on the slide, that ain't hurtin' either.

whiskeytown
11-28-2005, 11:16 AM
BTW -

about 2002, she's recording Essence here in Mpls- Ryan Adams comes thru on tour to a dive bar called the Turf Club and my friend Jer goes to see him too.

He saw Lucinda there taking in the show...it rocked, LOL - don't know how he kept himself from becoming fan boy.

RB

SenecaJim
11-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Now that is a celeb sighting I envy. Saw ryan myself in small dive few years ago, but that was still whiskeytown. He hardly spoke to audience then, Cary did all the chatter.