PDA

View Full Version : new King Kong movie!

diebitter
11-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Anyone looking forward to this? think it'll be meh?

I saw a new trailer for it yesterday. showed quite a bit more than any I've seen previously. Showed a bit where Kong is fighting the biplanes on top of the Empire State building...

Looked damned awesome to me!

I CAN'T WAIT!

fluxrad
11-27-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
think it'll be only slightly better than Godzilla because it's got Jack Black in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You read my mind.

11-27-2005, 04:15 AM
[censored] the haters man. King Kong vs a huge T-REx. What red blooded male doesn't want to see that?

whiskeytown
11-27-2005, 04:18 AM
If you're a Kong fan, you have to get this...

There's a new collectors DVD edition of the '38 classic out - and a scene that was missing for years was RECREATED by Peter Jackson - just cause he's a fan and of course, it's good promo for his new movie.

So he recreated it - they had a nasty as hell spider and lizard like creature giving them hell - and two guys get gruesomely eaten - and so, it was eventually cut,

but you can see what it might have looked like - yah, just a bit too much for 1938 standards, methinks..

The article is here at Retrocrush (http://www.retrocrush.com/archive2005/kong/index.html)

RB

diebitter
11-27-2005, 04:25 AM
(1933 - sorry for the pedantry)

The only thing I'm worried about is I'm gonna cry my eyes out at the end. That would not be cool.

Fk Bambi's mother, and old Yeller, and all the rest. Kong's is the most profoundly moving movie death of all.

Stuey
11-27-2005, 04:27 AM
<---

LoaferGee12
11-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Every shot of Jack Black in the previews caused me to break out in hysterical laughter. I really can't take the guy seriously.